Re: Fios P265 Remote to Control TV, STB, and external soundbar system connected to the TV
Baldwin3
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes worked for me. turn soundbar up and then internal volume control will go as high as soundbar volume is set.

0 Likes
Re: Fios P265 Remote to Control TV, STB, and external soundbar system connected to the TV
S4Trader

Funny I did Step 1 and it screwed up my whole system.  My remote now will ONLY control the volume on the Set Top Box which does NOTHING to the TV volume!!  I called FIOS and they reset the codes for the TV.  Now it refuses to work the volume on the TV, just the Set Top Box with the bar in the top corner of the screen which does NOTHING!!  Can I undo that code that set the volume for the set top box???  FIOS told me now I will have to use my TV remote or my phone App to change volume, or I can BUY a new remote???  What????

0 Likes
BillDebbyWare

Are there more than one type of remote? I'm trying to sync volume of Samsung 

HW-KM39 soundbar, STB, and Vizio HD32 tv. Some responses indicate an AUX option but the P265v4 I was issued seems to have only tv or stb control options. Have been able to program so all three turn on and off with stb key but still need soundbar remote to control volume.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two button remote only controls TVs and stbs.

I recently got a sound bad and had to upgrade harmony remote to control it.

0 Likes
JRalston1

I you followed option #1, and you have a volume indicator in the upper right corner of the screen that does nothing, then you need to follow the instructions and set it back to TV.  So press OK and #2 at the same time, enter 9 - 5 - 5 and then hit the TV button in upper left of the corner of the remote.  This will undo what you did before,

0 Likes
Dexy83
Enthusiast - Level 1

lacticacidtrip... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Solution #1 worked on the first try. It did take me a minute to find the STD button because the letters have rubbed off my old **bleep** remote, but.... 😂 I just wanted to hook up some cheapy computer speakers because I couldn't stand the twining sound out of my TV any more. My Panasonic versa has no way to connect via RCA cables., so this fix is perfect  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes