Re: FiOS Self Service Tip
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1
No because that is what they will tell me. Plus, reading through the forum, others are having the same issue. It was fine until it forced me to reboot this morning because the picture froze.
0 Likes
Not applicable

I find it never seems to make any difference if you call for help because you have tried these things and they have not worked.   You ALWAYS are asked to do them again then the tech tells you you must be doing something wrong.

I love FIOS but generally when there is a problem, I am way ahead of the people I get on the line and they just don't seem to listen or get it.  "I apologize but I have to log in that I asked you to do this and that you did it."   come on....give them and us some credit for having brains.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MichaelaJackson wrote:
Kalin,

And how are they supposed to help? "well, let's try and rebooting the system"? Which, by the way, is what caused my current issue.

Did you report your problem somewhere?  Its not in this thread.

Remember this is a peer to peer forum.  In order for peers to make suggestions we need more info.

0 Likes
Captaincaffeine

When my set top box gets rebooted, the power to my entire house goes out.....talk about infuriating. With the money I'm paying I have too many service issues.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Captaincaffeine wrote:

When my set top box gets rebooted, the power to my entire house goes out.....talk about infuriating. With the money I'm paying I have too many service issues.

Really bad box, unplug and report before you have a fire.   Or wrong cause and effect

Captaincaffeine

Thanks. I did unplug. Plugged back in, miraculously this morning all service was restored. I still have no idea what issue was.

0 Likes
JMD14
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is absolutely impossible to reach a tech for assistance. They put you on hold forever! The live chat function does not work either. I was put on hold forever with that as well. This must be some sort of a game. They take your money, the service does not work, then you can't reach anyone to have it fixed. This is very frustrating and we're very unhappy with the Verizon service. BUT, what is the other option? Go to Comcast where the same thing will happen? Guess we're stuck, right?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why add to this thread?

BTW, I have had good luck with contacting support via Twitter (@verizonsupport)

Not real time, but they get back to you rather quickly.

RAS47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Heather's tip solved my issue with a freezing picture. I found my solution right on this support forum, which is awesome. No calls to tech support, no waiting. I figured I had nothing to lose and now everything is back to normal. 

0 Likes
Malcom
Enthusiast - Level 2

My TV does not provide the option to "fix TV issues"  This is not a workable suggestion.

0 Likes