Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Fios TV Apps - Windows

Yack1ty
Contributor
Contributor

Fios TV Apps - Windows

Message 1 of 7
(3,678 Views)

Just wondering why Verizon doesn't have a Windows based app for Fios.  You sell the phones.  Shouldn't you support the OS?

6 REPLIES 6
djmaloy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Fios TV Apps - Windows

Message 2 of 7
(3,624 Views)
I wouldn't expect an answer anytime soon. I have been waiting for an answer since 2012.
kevt1964
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(3,549 Views)

My only real complaint with Verizon FIOS is the lack of Windows app for my phone or tablet. Sure a lot of Windows 8 PCs and tablets out there that need an app. Would sure seem that this could be addressed after years of questions on this.

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 7
(3,532 Views)

@kevt1964 wrote:

My only real complaint with Verizon FIOS is the lack of Windows app for my phone or tablet. Sure a lot of Windows 8 PCs and tablets out there that need an app. Would sure seem that this could be addressed after years of questions on this.

Verizon is not at all Windows focused.  In fact, in my opinion they are don't know Windows exists (well that's an exaggeration, sorry.)  When their FiOS Mobile app first appeared on IOS and then Android.  Whenever Windows browsers are updated their websites break and take forever to be fixed, even though the updates are generally available to developers for testing well ahead of the general release of those Windows products.

djmaloy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(3,138 Views)

What really get's me **bleep** is not only will they not release a Windows or Windows phone app, but they won't make an API available for someone else to make one..

DaiWong
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(756 Views)

Lack of of a windows apps for FIOS TV is another reason I'm moving off FIOS to something like Sling. Forced set top box expenses is another reason.

Even if you have the app, channels are limited to subscribed channels.

GaryDM
Moderator Moderator

Message 7 of 7
(750 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.