Fios TV Apps - Windows
Yack1ty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wondering why Verizon doesn't have a Windows based app for Fios.  You sell the phones.  Shouldn't you support the OS?

Re: Fios TV Apps - Windows
djmaloy1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I wouldn't expect an answer anytime soon. I have been waiting for an answer since 2012.
0 Likes
kevt1964

My only real complaint with Verizon FIOS is the lack of Windows app for my phone or tablet. Sure a lot of Windows 8 PCs and tablets out there that need an app. Would sure seem that this could be addressed after years of questions on this.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@kevt1964 wrote:

My only real complaint with Verizon FIOS is the lack of Windows app for my phone or tablet. Sure a lot of Windows 8 PCs and tablets out there that need an app. Would sure seem that this could be addressed after years of questions on this.

Verizon is not at all Windows focused.  In fact, in my opinion they are don't know Windows exists (well that's an exaggeration, sorry.)  When their FiOS Mobile app first appeared on IOS and then Android.  Whenever Windows browsers are updated their websites break and take forever to be fixed, even though the updates are generally available to developers for testing well ahead of the general release of those Windows products.

0 Likes
djmaloy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What really get's me **bleep** is not only will they not release a Windows or Windows phone app, but they won't make an API available for someone else to make one..

0 Likes
DaiWong

Lack of of a windows apps for FIOS TV is another reason I'm moving off FIOS to something like Sling. Forced set top box expenses is another reason.

Even if you have the app, channels are limited to subscribed channels.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes