Fios TV Freezes - Trapped in endless automated support loop
WastingTime11
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIOS TV intermittently but continuously freezes whenever we use it. Live TV, DVR, On Demand. The TV is unwatchable!!! All I get when I call or chat is useless advice and agents resetting all my systems remotely to no avail. What does it take to get real support from Verizon? I guess I’ll just call and cancel since I’m almost free from my contract anyways.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV Freezes - Trapped in endless automated support loop
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WastingTime1 wrote:

My FIOS TV intermittently but continuously freezes whenever we use it. Live TV, DVR, On Demand. The TV is unwatchable!!! All I get when I call or chat is useless advice and agents resetting all my systems remotely to no avail. What does it take to get real support from Verizon? I guess I’ll just call and cancel since I’m almost free from my contract anyways.

I'm going to assume you are having problems with a VMS 4100, not a mini. If it's a mini, and you have it setup with WiFi, change to coax or ethernet as WiFi is prone to issues. If it IS a VMS box do the following:

Unplug both power and HDMI from the box for at least 3 minutes. While you are waiting, check all the coax connections in the system and make sure they are tight and clean. Plug the box back in, then the HDMI cable. Let the box reboot and reset. If that doesn't help, look at: Main Menu > Settings > System> Reset settings, and do it. Still no joy, try: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues. Still messed up, try: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Self Diagnostics. If all that fails, the box or one of the splitters needs to be replaced. Contact support and ask for a replacement.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WastingTime1 wrote:

I'm going to assume you are having problems with a VMS 4100, not a mini. If it's a mini, and you have it setup with WiFi, change to coax or ethernet as WiFi is prone to issues. If it IS a VMS box do the following:

Unplug both power and HDMI from the box for at least 3 minutes. While you are waiting, check all the coax connections in the system and make sure they are tight and clean. Plug the box back in, then the HDMI cable. Let the box reboot and reset. If that doesn't help, look at: Main Menu > Settings > System> Reset settings, and do it. Still no joy, try: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues. Still messed up, try: Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Self Diagnostics. If all that fails, the box or one of the splitters needs to be replaced. Contact support and ask for a replacement.

WastingTime11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tips! I should've specified we have a VMS1100 box. I'll try these tips and see what happens.

WastingTime11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shortly after this post the STB kept resetting itself over and over. Called support and got a new STB shipped out that works.