Fios TV One Mini
DAnthony1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this box connected wirelessly to the TV. Whenever my phone rings I lose connection to the TV. And then a pop up screen shows on the TV indicating the box needs to be rebooted. After which the TV is restored to viewing. Why does this happen to the TV when the phone rings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One Mini
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotta assume your phone is wireless. When it rings its sending out an RF signal to the other phones in the house to ring. That is apparently causing enough interference to make the mini drop out. Is the phone base station anywhere near the mini? If you can I'd try moving the phone, or using coax or cat5 to hook up the mini. You are actually loosing the mini to router connection,  not the mini to TV connection.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotta assume your phone is wireless. When it rings its sending out an RF signal to the other phones in the house to ring. That is apparently causing enough interference to make the mini drop out. Is the phone base station anywhere near the mini? If you can I'd try moving the phone, or using coax or cat5 to hook up the mini. You are actually loosing the mini to router connection,  not the mini to TV connection.

DAnthony1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You hit it right on to the reason for the problem. Thanks for your assistance. Let me ask another question. The two lights on my mini were both flashing green. But a few minutes later went back to white & green lights. Why were they both flashing green?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that indicates a firmware update in progress. Nothing to worry about.