Fios TV One Remote Input Button to Control Reciever Input
LevelLight1

Does the Fios TV One remote Input button always control the input of the TV? I can't find any way to change its function, even manually. I can control the volume on the receiver just fine. Surely I'm not the only one who sends all inputs to an AV receiver and then sends the output to the TV. I want to control the input on the receiver with the Fios remote so I can put the receiver remote away.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV One Remote Input Button to Control Reciever Input
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@LevelLight wrote:

Does the Fios TV One remote Input button always control the input of the TV? I can't find any way to change its function, even manually. I can control the volume on the receiver just fine. Surely I'm not the only one who sends all inputs to an AV receiver and then sends the output to the TV. I want to control the input on the receiver with the Fios remote so I can put the receiver remote away.

As I recall, some remote functions are bonded to specific devices, like the input function is bonded only to the TV. Otherwise you'd have to program each button for each device individually. It would be nice to be able to chose, but I don't think the option is there.

LevelLight1

It also appears that the power button turns on the TV, receiver, and Fios One but it only turns off the TV and Fios One. Someone didn't think this remote through.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@LevelLight wrote:

It also appears that the power button turns on the TV, receiver, and Fios One but it only turns off the TV and Fios One. Someone didn't think this remote through.

First, do you have video input control on in the Fios box menu? If so turn it off. Then check the TV and receiver to see if CEC is enabled in both. That should allow the TV power to turn the receiver on and off.

LevelLight1

CEC is a way to get it done but if Verizon is going to automatically configure the remote to turn receivers on with IR, it should also turn them off.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@LevelLight wrote:

CEC is a way to get it done but if Verizon is going to automatically configure the remote to turn receivers on with IR, it should also turn them off.

Problem is some receivers require 2 different commands for on and off, while others use the same command. Apparently the Fios remote only has one power command embedded for the receivers, which is why you need to rely on CEC to do it. Drop these folks a line asking if they can get development to look into the issue:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect