Fios TV One - TV flashes when first turned on and in standby mode
rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fios TV One - TV flashes when first turned on and in standby.  Just started doing this.  No other problems when I watch tv or power on unit.  Seems to have occurred within the last few weeks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One - TV flashes when first turned on and in standby mode
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First , that is an ancient receiver. It does not support 4K passthrough, so if your Fios box is now set to output 4K you'll have problems. I assume you have the box going to the TV via HDMI,  then out of the receiver to the TV via hdmi. Try turning off the HDMI through feature and see if that stops the problem. Also make sure you have the latest firmware,  version.

Latest Firmware Number (16 digits): 1141-4104-0200-0000

There was an HDMI update a ways back for that receiver. Also try disabling the InstaPrevue feature. Also make sure HDMI Control(RIHD) set to off in the Onkyo hardware setup menu and Fios box output is set to 1080i.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off video input control in the Fios menu.

rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you mean the TV input control?  I tried to disable but no luck.

0 Likes
rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

any other suggestions?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried powercycling the box and the TV? Any recent firmware updates that could have gone bad? If you unhook the HDMI cable from the Fios box to the TV, does the TV still turn itself on?

rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried shutting both the TV and box off and doing it.  Also, the box is connected to a Onkyo receiver. When I turn the box on to watch TV it is fine. Only flashes when in standby mode.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off CEC in the Onkyo receiver. It could be sending a signal to the TV to turn on. Also look for nearby sources of RF signals like a telephone or florescent light and move them farther from the equipment.

rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.  I do not think my TX-NR717 Onkyo receiver has CEC mode as I can not find it.  I noticed the flashes start up also when I go "on demand" and hit the search button?  when I go out of search the flashing stops.  So far the flash occurs when I place box in standby mode or use search feature.  LiveTV is fine.  does that point to anything?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First , that is an ancient receiver. It does not support 4K passthrough, so if your Fios box is now set to output 4K you'll have problems. I assume you have the box going to the TV via HDMI,  then out of the receiver to the TV via hdmi. Try turning off the HDMI through feature and see if that stops the problem. Also make sure you have the latest firmware,  version.

Latest Firmware Number (16 digits): 1141-4104-0200-0000

There was an HDMI update a ways back for that receiver. Also try disabling the InstaPrevue feature. Also make sure HDMI Control(RIHD) set to off in the Onkyo hardware setup menu and Fios box output is set to 1080i.