Fios TV One box not working over HDMI->IP converter
jscott1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Fios TV One STB does not work over my HDMI to IP converter/transmitter system. The box works fine when I connnect directly to TV over HDMI. But when I put in in my AV closet and run it through the HDMI to IP converter/transmitter and then through a receiver and into the input on the TV, nothing. The TV recognizes the Arris box but then looses connection.  The same configuration worked fine with the older Cisco STB. I really don't want to go back to the old Cisco boxes. Hopnig someone here can help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One box not working over HDMI->IP converter
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try changing the video resolution to 1080 by going to Settings/System/Audio & Video/Video Settings/Video Format. Other than that it might not be compatible. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try changing the video resolution to 1080 by going to Settings/System/Audio & Video/Video Settings/Video Format. Other than that it might not be compatible. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could also be an HDCP protection issue if the IP converter doesn't have HDCP 2.0 that the Fios box is looking for. You may need another box to give you that.

jscott1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks clem53!...any suggestions for an HDMI to IP transmitter/receiver system that works with HDCP?

jscott1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked! thanks!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a converter that should allow you to use your old IP converter. There are a lot of others out there.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15242