Fios TV One losing connection to Yamaha AV Receiver
michiganfan23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I recently upgraded to the Fios One receiver and it seems it's not connecting properly to my Yamaha AV Receiver. When I turn on my TV and Fios, it says there is no connection detected. However, once I unplug and replug the HDMI from the output in my AV Receiver, Fios kicks on and everything works. I originally thought it was a bad HDMI cable, but I replaced it and the same issue occurred. I replaced the Yamaha receiver and still had the same issue. My PS4 is also connected through the Yamaha Receiver and doesn't have the same issue and when I connect the Fios receiver directly to my tv, there is also no issue (but also no surround sound), so there is clearly just a bad connection between the Fios One receiver and the Yamaha receiver. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, can you provide any potential solutions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One losing connection to Yamaha AV Receiver
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Fios box is setup to output 4K, make sure the video input on the TV is setup for 4K enhanced, or whatever your TV brand calls it. Also make sure the receiver is HDCP 2.2 compatible, and the input connected to the Fios box supports 4K. Also try setting the Fios box to 1080i to see if it is a 4K issue.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Fios box is setup to output 4K, make sure the video input on the TV is setup for 4K enhanced, or whatever your TV brand calls it. Also make sure the receiver is HDCP 2.2 compatible, and the input connected to the Fios box supports 4K. Also try setting the Fios box to 1080i to see if it is a 4K issue.

michiganfan23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like it was the settings in the Fios box. I adjusted the settings to 1080i and it’s now working without issue. Thank you so much!