Fios TV Online ??
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can anybody give me a URL that will get me to the Verizon page that explains what is needed for this service, how it works and associated costs?

I've searched all over the VZ site and cannot find anything that explains it.  I can get to the actual site where you run it but it asks me to sign up for a subscription to Adobe Online.  Have no idea what that is or how much it costs and cannot find anything by googling that seems to relate to this. 

Anyway the link to sign up for the subscription gives a 404 error anyway so is fairly useless - see attachment.

Have to assume there is some way to get this running as I just answered a query in this forum from someone who is experiencing lags on their signal.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV Online ??
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

A half hour online chat session  an it's now working.

For some amazingly obscure and undocumented reason I have to logon with my verizon EMAIL ADDRESS and password to get this to work.  According to the VZ guy on the other end of the chat, to do anything with TV I have to logon with that id.

Kind of makes a mockery of SSO.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

Can anybody give me a URL that will get me to the Verizon page that explains what is needed for this service, how it works and associated costs?

I've searched all over the VZ site and cannot find anything that explains it.  I can get to the actual site where you run it but it asks me to sign up for a subscription to Adobe Online.  Have no idea what that is or how much it costs and cannot find anything by googling that seems to relate to this. 

Anyway the link to sign up for the subscription gives a 404 error anyway so is fairly useless - see attachment.

Have to assume there is some way to get this running as I just answered a query in this forum from someone who is experiencing lags on their signal.

www.verizon.com/fiostvonline to access.

FiOS TV Online products will provide exclusive content from only these current providers:

EPIX (need a subscription)

HBO GO (need a subscription)

Turner (Adult Swim, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network)

CNN/HLN

Yankees on YES

MAX GO (need a subscription)

TruTV

they also have ESPN3.com   you just need a valid high speed internet account to get this one.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

ALSO if you're getting dead links.   just try going to the myverizon.com and logging in there, and then clicking on the tv tab, and go through the main site.  I found that when I tried to go to certain links that they were dead, so maybe verizon moved their links around.     IF you use the verizon.com/fiostvcentral, then just look on the left for online tv. 

at the regular verizon site it should look like this.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I've been there.  Selecting the CNN tab and the watch full episode result in the sreen about subscribing to Adobe - see attachment on my first post.  If I select subscribe I get the 404 error see attachment on this post.

Tried from Chrome and IE and get same thing.

What is the Adobe subscription?  Is it free if I could get beyond the 404?

Maybe I'm getting old and don't understand how to make this work but it shouldn't be this difficult.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

adobe thing should be free.   

I didn't have any problems using it, and i have never bought products from adobe. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still get same error.  get back to the same place going that route and again requested to subscribe to Adobe.

Guess I'll have to call tech support.  I only wanted to load it to see if I got the lag that another user here was reporting..

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

A half hour online chat session  an it's now working.

For some amazingly obscure and undocumented reason I have to logon with my verizon EMAIL ADDRESS and password to get this to work.  According to the VZ guy on the other end of the chat, to do anything with TV I have to logon with that id.

Kind of makes a mockery of SSO.

0 Likes