Fios TV STB HDMI connection
vegasrob28

2 of my STB's don't have HDMI connections. How do I get boxes with the HDMI connections and is it going to cost me more to exchange them?

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV STB HDMI connection
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't say what model STB's you have ... the only two that I know of that don't have an HDMI output on them are the old 2500's (original SD full function boxes) and the DCT-700's (the SD digital adapters which don't have the on screen guide, on demand, or other features).

If you have one of these and wish to move to an HD box (which all have HDMI output along with other video options), then you will need to upgrade the box -- a box swap would be done by ordering new boxes for each ($19.99 shipping fee and then the boxes run $9.95 -- although that may have recently gone up to $11.95 -- a month) and returning the old boxes.  You can arrange all of that online thru your account or via phone.

If you already have the full function HD boxes (QIP 7xxx, or QIP 6xxx) then you alreday have HDMI capability and just need to find the output on the back to plug the cable into.

0 Likes
vegasrob28

I've had this account for so long they are the Motorola QIP2500-1

So it's going to cost me more per month to trade these in I guess?

Can I do it in person at a local Fios store that accepts equipment?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@vegasrob28 wrote:

I've had this account for so long they are the Motorola QIP2500-1

So it's going to cost me more per month to trade these in I guess?

Can I do it in person at a local Fios store that accepts equipment?

Yeah, I used to have a couple of those, got rid of them a long, long time ago. SD only, that is why they do not have an HDMI port.

Yes.

Probably. I suggest you call the store first to make sure before you make the trip. In case you don't know where your local FiOS store is and whether it exchanges equipment, here is a link to a store locator:

http://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocator/

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes