Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Fios TV Xbox 360 Help

BryanG
Contributor
Contributor

Fios TV Xbox 360 Help

Message 1 of 5
(914 Views)

My family just go Verizon Fios today I held out on getting a cable box, one because I hardly watch TV and two because I knew Xbox had an app were I can stream some channels. I am using an wired Ethernet connection to the Verizon router but my Xbox app keeps saying I'm not a subscriber. Is the Ethernet in the wrong place or is there something I have to do to make the app work?

4 REPLIES 4
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Fios TV Xbox 360 Help

Message 2 of 5
(874 Views)

@BryanG wrote:

My family just go Verizon Fios today I held out on getting a cable box, one because I hardly watch TV and two because I knew Xbox had an app were I can stream some channels. I am using an wired Ethernet connection to the Verizon router but my Xbox app keeps saying I'm not a subscriber. Is the Ethernet in the wrong place or is there something I have to do to make the app work?

Did you subscribe to TV since you did not get a set top box? If you are double play with phone and Internet only, you will not get any channels on X-Box. The app is only for TV subscribers.

BryanG
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(865 Views)

We have the triple play, yet it still isn't working.

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(832 Views)

@BryanG wrote:

We have the triple play, yet it still isn't working.

I would contact Verizon Tech support directly. I would also advise to have at least on device in the home that supports the Verizon Encryptions. Either a cable card device or One HD STB. Even if you do not have an HD TV, they work great on a SD TV.

I believe the $11.99 for the box would be much more satisfying than the minimum TV you may get from a X-Box wit IPTV or clear QAM with a direct connection to a QAM compatible TV Tuner.

You should contact Verizon directly for your subscription issues. You may be told that at a minimum you must have one Verizon device. It may be that you can get a digital converter that supplies only SD channels and no guide. $5.99

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

diggz313
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(690 Views)

if I take my xbox on vacation and connect to a wifi source

will I be able to log in to the verizon app on my xbox and watch tv?

or does the verizon app only work with the set wifi in the household?

thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.