Fios TV Xbox 360 Help
BryanG1

My family just go Verizon Fios today I held out on getting a cable box, one because I hardly watch TV and two because I knew Xbox had an app were I can stream some channels. I am using an wired Ethernet connection to the Verizon router but my Xbox app keeps saying I'm not a subscriber. Is the Ethernet in the wrong place or is there something I have to do to make the app work?

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV Xbox 360 Help
prisaz
Legend

@BryanG wrote:

My family just go Verizon Fios today I held out on getting a cable box, one because I hardly watch TV and two because I knew Xbox had an app were I can stream some channels. I am using an wired Ethernet connection to the Verizon router but my Xbox app keeps saying I'm not a subscriber. Is the Ethernet in the wrong place or is there something I have to do to make the app work?

Did you subscribe to TV since you did not get a set top box? If you are double play with phone and Internet only, you will not get any channels on X-Box. The app is only for TV subscribers.

0 Likes
BryanG1

We have the triple play, yet it still isn't working.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@BryanG wrote:

We have the triple play, yet it still isn't working.

I would contact Verizon Tech support directly. I would also advise to have at least on device in the home that supports the Verizon Encryptions. Either a cable card device or One HD STB. Even if you do not have an HD TV, they work great on a SD TV.

I believe the $11.99 for the box would be much more satisfying than the minimum TV you may get from a X-Box wit IPTV or clear QAM with a direct connection to a QAM compatible TV Tuner.

You should contact Verizon directly for your subscription issues. You may be told that at a minimum you must have one Verizon device. It may be that you can get a digital converter that supplies only SD channels and no guide. $5.99

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
diggz313

if I take my xbox on vacation and connect to a wifi source

will I be able to log in to the verizon app on my xbox and watch tv?

or does the verizon app only work with the set wifi in the household?

thanks

0 Likes