Fios TV app on Xbox being retired!!!
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an email from Verizon saying the Frios TV app on the Xbox is being retired and won't be available.  I USE THIS APP ON MY XBOX to watch Fios TV.  I have a TV placed in location without a cable outlet nearby and I use my Xbox on the TV.  I enjoy the Xbox Fios TV app and use it to watch TV.

I understand Verizon wants to rent out those old fashioned cable boxes.  I don't care for those as they are pieces of garbage.  I'd rather use my Xbox to watch TV with the Fios app.

Hey VERIZON, you don't understand how your customers use your products.  If you're going to create a product (such as the Xbox Fios TV app), then standby your product **bleep** it!!!  Don't retire the app!

I've had just about enough with Verizon!!! 

Re: Fios TV app on Xbox being retired!!!
Anubis_Arcane
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yeah I am about to open up a support ticket with them over this issue. Like you, I use the app on my Xbox One in another area of the house with no cable outlet. This is unacceptable. Cable boxes are in the past. If they don't get with the program here I don't think they are long for customers.
Anubis_Arcane
Enthusiast - Level 1
So I just got off a live chat with a Verizon representative. They told me the email about the Verizon Fios TV App retiring on Xbox and Smart TVs was sent in error. I screen captured the entire conversation.
SidR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sent in error? That's a HUGE error.  I wonder what they are really upto.  I actually want them to make an app for my Roku TV.  Other cable providers like Time Warner have an app on Roku.

Get with the times Verizon!!! 

FIOS discontinuing app support is an outrage
FlyerQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone from Verizon please share the rationalization for ending smart tv and xbox APP support.  This is the only cost effective way to get FIOS programming to infrequently used TV's.

Can't help but wonder if it is related to the recent FCC decision mandating that 'cable' provides allow third party competition for set top boxes.

Verizon, this is a very disappointing development.

http://www.windowscentral.com/verizon-retire-fios-tv-xbox-app-march-31

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fcc-tv-regulations-idUSKCN0VR0GU

0 Likes
Typhoon87

I called about this today they confirmed this information that the application is being retired. I asked them to open a support ticket anyway even as the agent tried to talk me out of it.  They also pushed the fact that they are still offering the fios app on phones/tablet. I stated that while I do have a larger phone at 6in its still not anywhere near good enough vs my 37 in tv my XBOX 360 is hooked up to. They also told me I can rent a STB unless its toally free no thank you.

Its seem all this is a a **bleep** cash grab.to long term rent more STB's.

Does anyone have a better way to contact somehone higher up just to let them know this stinks.

0 Likes
Wwmanman

This along with no email, no Ultra Violet movie purchase transfers is why I am leaving Verizon after 10 years.  They are nickel and diming small conveniences.  Not everybody watches TV on their phone.  But i guess i will buy an hdmi adapter and start when i ditch them in November when my contract is up.

0 Likes