Fios TV app problems on IOS 9.3.5 iPad 2
kopesetic

I have recently switch to Fios. I have been able to use an older iPad2 that runs IOS 9.3.5 connect to my providers streaming app.

However, When I try to connect to the Fios TV app get this Error Code:

9-6-24-100-999

My newer iPad Air was able to successfully connect as was my Kindle Fire.

I am hoping there is some magic that will let me use the older device for streaming.

I am Running IOS 9.3.5

I have version 1.7 of the FIOS TV app (this was the latest my device will let me download).

iPad 2 Model Number FC706LL/A

I tried using Safari Browser to use the FIOS web site but that just points me to downloading the app. 

Thanks for any ideas.

Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV app problems on IOS 9.3.5 iPad 2
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi kopsetic:

hope you find this useful. icould not find your iPad using the model No. you posted.

How to find your iPad model number

In addition to the marketing names that we all know so well, all iPads have a model number. Two of them, actually. The first one is on the device itself. If you flip over your iPad, you'll see a bunch of tiny writing below the word "iPad." That's where you'll find the all-important model number.

The numbers of the back of your iPad are the keys to figuring out your model.

At the end of the top row, you'll find the world "Model" in tiny letters followed by an "A" and a four-digit string of numbers. Those numbers are what tells you the screen size and generation of iPad you have, as well as whether it's cellular-equipped. There is also a serial number printed below the model number, but it's unlikely you'll ever need it.

The second model number (which is really an internal SKU number) is in Settings. If you tap General and then About, you'll see a Model tab that lists a completely different number than the one on the rear of the device. This is a much more specific identifier, which provides information about the capacity and country, as well as the type of iPad.

If you're selling or buying an iPad internationally on eBay, that internal SKU is an important number. Otherwise the number on the back will tell you everything you need to know.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please note these dates

iOS ver 9.3.5  released Aug 25,2016

FiOS TV app ver 1.7 released Dec 5,2018

Latest FiOS TV app released July 15,2019

I believe that YOUR iPad 2 iOS can no longer be updated beyond 9.3.5

is that correct?

Looks like time for a new iPad 2

my new one running with iOS 12.4.1

kopesetic

My iPad 2 cannot be upgraded beyond 9.3.5; that is correct.

I guess, my point is that if C***ST can get thier app to work on this iPad then so should Verizon.

Also youtube, youtube kids, locast and other streaming apps work on this device.

I'm not asking for the latest and best high speed game. Just want to watch a stream on a device that is capable of it.

Kevin

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Is there any way to avoid the app and go to the fios site on the browser? Or possibly try another browser? Try this:

https://tv.verizon.com/watch/

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Went here on my iPad

https://tv.verizon.com/watch/

It included this ...

Note: Current Supported OS & Browsers include

Windows 10 and above with base browser version Chrome 67, Firefox 61.0.2, Edge 43 & above
Mac OS X 10.10 and above with base browser version Chrome 67, Firefox 61.0.2, Safari 11.0.2

kopesetic

So I tried safari, and it would not allow me to watch.

I was able to downoad Firefox. It allowed me to press the watch button, but the video never started. I just received the spinning red wheel.

It is just dissapointing. I actually watched the apple live feed today on this ipad without problems. This seems like it should work.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

That's unfortunately the world of software development. Used to be important to make sure software was backward compatible,  not any more. You are caught in the middle of the trap.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi kopsetic:

hope you find this useful. icould not find your iPad using the model No. you posted.

How to find your iPad model number

In addition to the marketing names that we all know so well, all iPads have a model number. Two of them, actually. The first one is on the device itself. If you flip over your iPad, you'll see a bunch of tiny writing below the word "iPad." That's where you'll find the all-important model number.

The numbers of the back of your iPad are the keys to figuring out your model.

At the end of the top row, you'll find the world "Model" in tiny letters followed by an "A" and a four-digit string of numbers. Those numbers are what tells you the screen size and generation of iPad you have, as well as whether it's cellular-equipped. There is also a serial number printed below the model number, but it's unlikely you'll ever need it.

The second model number (which is really an internal SKU number) is in Settings. If you tap General and then About, you'll see a Model tab that lists a completely different number than the one on the rear of the device. This is a much more specific identifier, which provides information about the capacity and country, as well as the type of iPad.

If you're selling or buying an iPad internationally on eBay, that internal SKU is an important number. Otherwise the number on the back will tell you everything you need to know.

Customer1000000

I am experincing the same problem.  My older ipad that I use on a treadmill can only go to IOS 9.3.5   I get error code 9-6-24-100-999 when I try to logon in FIOS TV.  Deleted and reinstalled FIOS TV appliocation.  A message appeared saying that the newer FIOS TV application cannot be downloaded because it is not IOS 10 or later so the older version was installed.  Still experiancing the issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated above, the FiOS APP requires higher version of iOS than what your iPAD supports.

That's not uncommon for new versions of software.

0 Likes