quick menu

Fios TV app streaming to Vizio TV

Fios TV app streaming to Vizio TV

Contributor Patrick0525
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(145 Views)

I do not have a fios set top box.

The TV’s WiFi and TV Ethernet is on the same lan sub-net 10.59.11.xxx The tv and iPad is setup properly since  the WiFi iPad can stream YouTube to the Vizio. The iPad app uses the Vizio streamcast app and was properly paired to both TV an iPad.

How do I stream from the Fios TV app on the iPad to the TV? The stream icon on the app is not for streaming but for the set top fios box.  

2 REPLIES
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3
(89 Views)

The app is designed for tablets and smartphones. There isn’t really support to stream to the TV. I believe this is done that way so you have to get a set top box. 

I haven’t tried but you could see if hooking up an HDMI adapter to your iPad would work. 

Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 3 of 3
(70 Views)

I believe app can also detect the presence of a HDMI cable and will not play that way either.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios