Fios TV keeps skipping on different channels
Jon351

I just got Fios TV set up and noticed that a few channels were skipping (1 second delays on video) every few minutes on every TV. I had technicians come out and have a look. They said the signal strength was good (within the -8/+8 range), so they replayed my splitter, recut and fastened my wires, and replaced the aging box outside. When they finished, not only were the same channels still skipping, but more channels were skipping now. They ultimately made the problem worse. Since I have quadruple reinforced wires on the house, they said it might be a problem at the main office with the signal, so they referred the problem to them to check the video card. Haven't heard anything back yet. Any insight on this would be very helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV keeps skipping on different channels
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if I understand you correctly - your channels are skipping from one channel to the next, or you're trying to tune to a channel and it skips your selection and goes to a different channel???????????

if so there was at one time a code that you could put in the box that fixed that? 

maybe give it a shot

click menu>settings>system info.   this is a static page that can't be changed, however you can press on your remote 2617.

you should see a confirmation message, and your box will reset.,     

then try it again.  

if the confirmation message never appears, reset your box.  either unplug it from power, wait ten seconds and plug it in.

or use the menu by clicking menu>customer support>in home agent>reboot set top box, or go to www.verizon.com/repair and hit quick fix set top box.  you'll have to log in with your username and password. 

if you mean PIXELATES, or gets channel break up, then that is a different problem, and could either be the box itself, the wiring or outside.  

0 Likes