Fios TV outage
Titan80300

We've been without Fios TV signal for almost 2 days.   Internet and phone work fine but no TV. Resetting the STBs has no effect so far and the dashes are

still present on STB (no communication). Multiple calls to tech support have also been useless. No indication of when TV signal will come back.

Anybody else in same situation.  We're located in wilkinsburg, east of pittsbrugh PA. thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV outage
Poland626
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I'm in Northern NJ near NY and having the same problem. Strange

EDIT: OK! Found out it was an outage and should be fixed ......like....nowish.

Message Edited by Poland626 on 03-02-2009 03:01 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Titan80300

are you still having this issue?

0 Likes
Titan80300
yes, same situation. I spent an hour on the phone this morning with the tech guy sending lot of signals and still the dashes on the STB.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I'm at home right now mind if I give you a call and get it taken care of in the morning???? Unless there is another COOL VZ employee that comes along before I do and resolves your issue.

0 Likes
Poland626
Enthusiast - Level 2
So it's nearly 8:30 and i'm having the same problem. Just checking in to make sure the problem is being taken cared of.
Message Edited by Poland626 on 03-02-2009 05:24 PM
0 Likes
cgboyle
I have been having the same problem since yesterday in Northern NJ.  It is only happening on 2 of the STBs in the house - the other 2 - one HD, the other standard - are both OK.  Have tried multiple times resetting the router and both STBs with no luck.  Spent a 1/2 hour chatting with Verizon service online, but all they could offer was that it is probably a problem with "my" splitters or coax cables.  
Message Edited by cgboyle on 03-03-2009 06:01 PM
0 Likes
Titan80300

We finally have TV at last after 4 days in the dark. Problems were on the VZ side... no signal was coming through till our STB.The screwup was somewhere

in the VZ computer. That was a painful process as i had to spent a few hours on the phone over a few days to get them to come and check by themselves.

Thanks everybody.

Thanks also to techman28 for proposing his help. i was already in touch with a few guys at VZ.

Hope you guys in NJ get a signal soon.

0 Likes
sancprod

In Northern NJ we were out from the afternoon until sometime in the overnight. Techs on the phone insisted it was a faulty router until I got one on the phone that later admitted I should not have been sent a router because there is a group outage in my area. Would have been nice to know that before we reset my router to factory defaults and lost all my settings. Also spent a couple hours troubleshooting.

FIOS needs a status page to show when something is out. I don't care if it goes down for an extreme reason. I just want to know that it is down so I dont waste my time and theirs trying to fix it. ugh!

0 Likes
Poland626
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok, I'm still without picture after 3 or 4 days. (since about march 1st or second). Is the problem fixed or what? Do I HAVE to call verizon and wait like, you know, a long time just to get told the problem is on my side or what?
0 Likes