Fios TV package "builder" / comparator
tp0d

Dunno if this is in the correct forum or not, but I am interested in fiostv, as I already have fios net, and it works well..

I currently have directv, and I am looking for a way to 'build' my current setup, using fiostv instead, and get a price.

I have one hd-dvr, two sd-dvr's and one regular stb. I have dtv's total choice plus package, which is one step up from basic, i believe..

I cant find anything like what I`m looking for on the verizon site, dunno if it exists, but if it doesnt, I think that it would be a great sales tool.

Sure I can call VZ and get a quote, I have in the past. But hearing numbers over the phone and actually seeing numbers in front of you are two totally different things. I prefer to analyze what I`m buying before I make the committment..

Any help is appreciated.

tnx

-j

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV package "builder" / comparator
matcarl
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
tp0d

yes i`ve been there... nothing new.

what i`m looking for is a 'widget' or applet that allows me to select from all options, then gives me a final price. 

imho the 19.99/mo price for a HD dvr is way steep, seeing as I pay 5.99 for my current box, albeit with a 9.99 HD upcharge. Still 16$ isnt 19.99

since im pretty satisfied with dtv, I guess i just wait. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tp0d wrote:

yes i`ve been there... nothing new.

what i`m looking for is a 'widget' or applet that allows me to select from all options, then gives me a final price. 

imho the 19.99/mo price for a HD dvr is way steep, seeing as I pay 5.99 for my current box, albeit with a 9.99 HD upcharge. Still 16$ isnt 19.99

since im pretty satisfied with dtv, I guess i just wait. 

The HD DVR is $15.99, not $19.99, so the prices is really the same.  The $19.99 prices is for the multi-room DVR system.  If you start the process to order the service you can mix and match as you wish, and stop before you actually order.  Also, you'll get many more channels with the premier service at a price that is much less than the equivalent DirecTV package.  I switched from DirecTV and have never looked back.
Message Edited by PJL on 09-27-2008 09:37 AM
0 Likes
tp0d

hmm, yep i`m wrong there... I mistook the hm-dvr as a hd-dvr...

still though, it looks like the 15.99 charge -per- dvr is still way steep.

My bill looks like this

54.99 total choice programming

9.99 HD access

5.99 DVR access (which also includes the box charge for my HD dvr)

4.99 dvr #2

4.99 dvr#3 

4.99 regular STB

85.94 plus tax

and vz's would be 

47.99 programming

15.99 dvr#1

15.99 dvr#2

15.99 dvr#3

5.99 stb#1

101.95 plus tax

a difference of almost exactly 15$/mo (180/yr) ..... but this is only a guess, the actual numbers from VZ could vary, and I also could be wrong, I sometimes do that a lot lol

-j

Message Edited by tp0d on 09-27-2008 09:51 AM
0 Likes
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tp0d wrote:

and vz's would be 

47.99 programming

15.99 dvr#1

15.99 dvr#2

15.99 dvr#3

5.99 stb#1

101.95 plus tax

a difference of almost exactly 15$/mo (180/yr) ..... but this is only a guess, the actual numbers from VZ could vary, and I also could be wrong, I sometimes do that a lot lol

-j

Message Edited by tp0d on 09-27-2008 09:51 AM

OR you could do it this way with Verizon:

Programing:           $47.99 (includes HD)

Home Media DVR: $19.99

STB/HDSTB #1:     $5.99/9.99

STB/HDSTB #2:     $5.99/9.99

STB/HDSTB #3:     $5.99/9.99

TOTAL-------------->  $85.95/97.95

With the Home Media DVR, you only need ONE DVR box. You are able to watch recorded programs from the DVR on any STB in the house.

Message Edited by Cokeman on 09-27-2008 11:05 AM
0 Likes
tp0d

yea, I thought of that, but my 2 daughters (who have the other DVRs) use the crap out of them, so they would definetly kill any available space, and I could see us fighting over who gets to record what, etc...

good idea for one or two people, but not for multiples...

tnx for the replies... 

-j

0 Likes