Fios TV program data display
NewFiosGuy

Im new to Fios Tv and im trying to get my Tvs working right. I have the Fios One STB. I also have a legacy Fios Motorola STB i can use. I have my own Cisco router and i dont want the Fios wireless router. The Fios router is expensive and redundant.  But without the Fios router the on screen channel guide doesn't work. 

So do I need a MOCA adapter to get the channel guide to display? If so, what type of Moca?

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV program data display
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you need a MoCA adapter. Any one will work fine. I use the FiOS Network Adapter from Verizon and it's only $55. It will need to plug into the LAN port of your Cisco router and will also need coax connected from the splitter. 

0 Likes
NewFiosGuy

Thanks, after speaking to numerous FIOS support people.... no one told me they have  a  MOCA adapter available.  The only thing they say is i need to buy their $300 router which i don't want. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NewFiosGuy wrote:

Thanks, after speaking to numerous FIOS support people.... no one told me they have  a  MOCA adapter available.  The only thing they say is i need to buy their $300 router which i don't want. 

Look here:

https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/fios-network-adapter/

0 Likes