Fios TV subscription problem
craskeyn

Whenever I try to watch HBO GO, or any form of Verizon Fios tv on my computer it takes me to a page saying this "To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV."

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV subscription problem
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For HBO Go, you should have been asked to log into your Verizon account to verify subscription. Did that happen?

If you have a mobile device, smart tv or Roku/Apple TV, can you log into HBO GO App?

0 Likes
craskeyn

It never asked me to login, but I have logged in before so I'm assuming it should've kept me signed in. It keeps bringing me to the message I put in the original post.

0 Likes
craskeyn

anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So when I go to HBOGO.com on my browser, there is a signin option in the upper right hand corner of the window.

Do you have that? If so, try that first.

0 Likes
whiteydj

I am having the same issue. I hit the "sign in" button on various apps. I select Verizon Fios. It tries to verify my account and brings me to a "you need a subscription to use this service" I click existing customer, sign in with my user name, answer my security question, then enter my password and then it redirects me to a products page with no way of exiting without up grading to changing my service in someway. i have to repeat the process. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried another browser?

Or clearing any verizon cookies?

SOmetimes bad data can get stored and either option can help correct issue.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

OP may have to specifically logoff verizon first.

These are my old notes about problems logging in to various Online Channel sites.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash*, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

Note not sure what replaces Flash on platforms no longer running Flash, but still behaves similarly

0 Likes