Fios TVCentral: "Reset DVR" option now gone plus unprofessional auto-reply. Way to go!
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just hit the feedback link on FiOS TV Central.  (http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral)  Wanted to mention that I was disappointed to see they removed the "Reset DVR" option.  I used it quite a bit since we the set-top boxes need reboots from time to time and mine was situated with a difficult to reach power cord.  Was a great little option and now its gone and wanted to know why.  Sadly, I got this back:

Date: November 15, 2009 1:26:21 PM EST
Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: Feedback from Account:...

I will be away till Dec 5th.

•       For FiOS TV Central FSC support and code drop activities pls co-ordinate with Sandeep Kandlakunta
•       For FiOS TV Central development activities pls contact Muthu Rajesh (VDSI). Ramanathan  Ramaiyah (Onshore)will help with onshore support on FTV Online, FiOSCompanion/WiFiOS.
•       For MSV Web Development, pls contact Suresh, Antony S (VDSI), Ramanathan  Ramaiyah (Onshore)
•       For any other escalations, issues please reach out to Anil Solleti.
-Abhishek

Be professional.  Here's how...

1) Have Abhishek find someone else to mind the store if Abhishek will be out-of-office for 3+ weeks.

2) Better yet, don't have the feedback form generate email to an internal email account that could ever possible have the out-of-office turned on.

2) A public web site with a feedback link that generated email to a single specific email looks very "ma and pa" when the sender gets an "I'm away" auto-reply with a bunch of internal contacts.  The public shouldn't see that junk.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TVCentral: "Reset DVR" option now gone plus unprofessional auto-reply. Way to g
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

you got an auto reply for internal Verizon info. That was probably never intended to go to a customer. Just an error on their part.

as for the reset option. There is another way to do it. And I find it much easier

press menu on the stb and get the verizon menu. Go to settings and then go to system info

when on the system info screen, use the remote to enter  2601

you will get a message saying "code 2601 entered successfully"   Hit the OK button and the box will shutdown and reset.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TVCentral: "Reset DVR" option now gone plus unprofessional auto-reply. Way to g
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Code 2601 worked like a peach.  Thank you!  

Have any other secret codes that like?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the codes that I have are....

"8888" - Flush logs
"2617 - Clear NVMEM
"8988" - Start TCP connection if STB behind DLink router
"1111" - Stop TCP listener
"2345" - Clear FiOS on the Go flag if STB behind DLink router
"1472" - Flush crash logs
"9472" - Refresh STB zip code
"4883" - Clear EPG data and dvr schedule. This will not delete the recordings on the set top box.
"2601" - Reboot Set top box

Most of them I'm not sure what they do completely. I got these from my buddy at verizon but didnt get an explanation of what all of them do.

I know that the 8888 combined with the 2617 and 2601, will correct the problem with the dvr saying that the hard drive is fuller than it actually is.   The two for the Dlink are for the customers that are connected with the old dlink routers that verizon used to hand out a couple years ago, so they are not used with the current setups. I was also told that the 1111 will stop the remote dvr from working so that is one that probably should be avoided.

0 Likes