Switch Account

Fios Tv One

SOLVED
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(507 Views)

So I ordered Fios TV one to stream 4k movies because I have a 4k Yamaha receiver RX-A1040, 4K TV,  but it says I need 2.2 HDCP which is basically copyright protection. Had I known that my Yamaha Receiver is 2.0 I would have never ordered tv one. Fios should tell their customers this because it wont work so no streaming 4k for as they put it "the big game" Now if I want to stream 4k ill have to spend 2000 dollars for a new receiver that is compatible. Such **bleep** 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(447 Views)

You can get an inexpensive converter from Amazon or Monoprice.com to convert to HDCP 2.2. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=30460.

The cost of progress can get out of hand, but nothing stays current in the AV world.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(424 Views)

Are you able to go to the TV via HDMI and optical out to the sound system? Just asking out of curiosity.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.