Fios Voice Remote
SigmaMI316
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just switched over from Xfinity to Verizon and call me lazy, but xfinity's voice remote was such an convenience to me compared to looking up the guide to find channels with fios. I feel its time for verizon to jump on the bandwagon and add that feature. It's so much easier and convenient to me. 

Re: Fios Voice Remote
RN10

I miss two things when I switched from Comcast In finity to Fios

1. Voice feature in my remote

2. Adjusting volume through Fios Remote as I use a Sony AV sytem 

Anybody aware of upgrade to the remote 

@SigmaMI316 wrote:

Just switched over from Xfinity to Verizon and call me lazy, but xfinity's voice remote was such an convenience to me compared to looking up the guide to find channels with fios. I feel its time for verizon to jump on the bandwagon and add that feature. It's so much easier and convenient to me. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For voice remote, there have been reports it will be coming with their IPTV service that will be out sometime in the near future.

FIOS remote only controls TV and STB.

No idea if new remote will allow AV equipment.

I myself upgraded to Harmony remote.

Gives more acces to features of my equipment than most "universal" remotes do.

0 Likes
Reuben1

On the proactive side, I got an echo and trying to see if I can get Alexa to control the TV. The going is slow. Anyone tried it yet?

0 Likes
Emskware
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree!  I didn't realize how dependent I had become on my Xfinity voice active remote.  I'm very surprised FIOS doesn't have it, and seems to have so much difficulty making it available.   Hurry up,, FIOS!  🙂

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Iptv service has been kaput. Verizon is not rolling it out.

look at the DSL Reports site where people were discussing it 😀

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't know of any way to have Echo control FIOS STB other than using a Harmony Hub or the like.

I did see that Frontier does have a skill that allows echo to control their stb.

No word if/when Verizon will do the same.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They had such a feature on the IP based boxes they were Betaing.   Unfortunatly the beta ended and apparently they have decided not to go foward at least at this time.

0 Likes
JWarren1

I see commercials saying you can use your phone as a remote.  It says if you use this option, you will be able to use your voice

I

Didn't work for me.

Help!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you were using FiOS mobile app?

Does the remote control feature in app work ok?

0 Likes