Fios Windows 10 PC and Mobile App
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2
When will Verizon Fios release the Fios Windows 10 PC and Mobile App? I have a Verizon Wireless Nokia Icon Windows 10 phone an I can't believe Verizon will not supply a Fios App for it. We Windows user feel discriminated against since Verizon Fios Apps are available for Apple, Android and the Amazon Kindle.
Re: Fios Windows 10 PC and Mobile App
CNelson2k6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been waiting for a Windows 10 app for about 6 months now, and am very annoyed to see that there is an app for the kindle fire when Windows 10 has an install base of over 100 million!  I encourage every Windows 10 user to write and call and request this app. 

raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have called Verizon requesting the Windows app numerous times to no avail!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS does not have any way to watch from a PC.

Only thing they support is android and apple.

Given that FiOS only has something like 5m TV subscribers, I would bet only a small percentage have windows 10

0 Likes
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2
You can watch Fios TV on your PC if you log into your Verizon account! It is a disgrace that Verizon has three apps (Android, Apple & Amazon Kindle) but no Aps for their Windows 10 users. There are a great number of Windows 10 Users (PC, Tablet & Mobile). And with the new Universal App (one App for all devices) it shouldn't be too difficult for them to create the App, Especially since Verizon Wireless sells Windows Devices!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't you watch on Windows 10 if you sign in via a web browser?

If so, why go to the expense of creating an app to boot?

Plus android and apple apps have more capability than watching on PC.

So app can't be universal.

0 Likes
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2
Why would I watch Fios TV when I am home on my PC! If I am home I will watch it on my 4K Ultra HD big screen. With the new Windows Universal Platform one App is all that is needed to do everything across all Windows 10 Devices (PC, Tablet & Mobile). The App will allow us to watch Fios Tv when we are out on our tablet and mobile devices.
0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

How about the hundreds of millions of Windows devices out there, like the Surface tablets, and about 97% of laptops and desktops ever made?

0 Likes
Oppie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to the windows store and search fios. There is an app for PC and mobile. First impression is that it sucks but there's an app...

0 Likes
ADSNELLC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, There is a mobile app on Windows 10 store for Fios but it only works with phones with 3gb memory or more. You also have to sign to your account. If you don't have the memory your app will hang. This particularly applies to Win 10 users. It is a hosted web app to Fios's main web site. Fios never paid for the app, the developer just made it for free to view video vecause the developer is a fios subscriber.