Re: Fios Windows 10 PC and Mobile App
EEOchsner

There should be a big disclaimer on the website that says "NO ALL SERVICES AVAILABLE ON ALL PLATFORMS"

Can you imagine someone saying "I'm sorry that's not available for the iPad."

OK, so maybe we can watch our DVR on the website, using our windows machines?

NOPE. NOT THAT EITHER.

bad product.

0 Likes
bc241

Comcast has a windows 10 app. Why can't FIOS. Simply not competitive

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I found this on the Xfinity forum from last month when someone asked about a Windows 10 App:

The app is not available for windows, only compatible mobile devices, use the streaming website instead. Once using the streaming website, downloading shows/movies is not allowed.

And a quick google didn't find anything on Xfinity about a windows app.

Do you mean the Xfinity website?

0 Likes
Veehikle

No you cant. You can only watch certain channel feeds and you can record stuff but you can't watch your plan live. It's so stupid. C'mon. The Windows 10 Surface is a great laptop. Build the app!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of these restrictions are not under FiOS control.

Content providers can limit how content can be viewed by contract.that's

why some channels can be viewed at home but not outside via app.

0 Likes
unhappycamper3

Agree.  Even though I can watch some channels using my browser and going to the verizon website.  You don't get the number of changes to watch like you do with the app.

I also have an issue with on demand capability.  I get more selections going to the ESPN website and TCM website than I do using my in house TV.

Why is Verizon being so stubborn.

0 Likes
emveetu1

@CRobGauth wrote:

Some of these restrictions are not under FiOS control.

Content providers can limit how content can be viewed by contract.that's

why some channels can be viewed at home but not outside via app.

"If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem."

I tried to give you kudos, and was unable to. When i hovered over the give kudos button, the universal red circle with slash, ghostbusters-esqe image popped up. I really wanted to give you kudos.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes