Switch Account

Fios and Tivo

SOLVED
Copper Contributor JohnB
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(10,209 Views)
Does Fios work with Tivo Series 2DT boxes?
2 REPLIES 2
Copper Contributor vinnie
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(10,199 Views)
The Series 2 TiVo boxes cannot accept HD signals, but they will work with FiOS SD channels. I think the Series 2 boxes accept CableCards so you don't necessarily need a Verizon set-top box, but CableCards are not compatible with On-Demand services. If you have an HDTV and want HD channels, you'll need a Series 3 or TiVo HD box.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor JohnB
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(10,178 Views)

@vinnie wrote:
The Series 2 TiVo boxes cannot accept HD signals, but they will work with FiOS SD channels. I think the Series 2 boxes accept CableCards so you don't necessarily need a Verizon set-top box, but CableCards are not compatible with On-Demand services. If you have an HDTV and want HD channels, you'll need a Series 3 or TiVo HD box.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Dont' care about HD yet cause I dont' have an HD TV. My main thing is I dont' want 2 stb's.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.