Fios and Tivo
JohnB
Does Fios work with Tivo Series 2DT boxes?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios and Tivo
vinnie
Enthusiast - Level 3
The Series 2 TiVo boxes cannot accept HD signals, but they will work with FiOS SD channels. I think the Series 2 boxes accept CableCards so you don't necessarily need a Verizon set-top box, but CableCards are not compatible with On-Demand services. If you have an HDTV and want HD channels, you'll need a Series 3 or TiVo HD box.

View solution in original post

vinnie
Enthusiast - Level 3
The Series 2 TiVo boxes cannot accept HD signals, but they will work with FiOS SD channels. I think the Series 2 boxes accept CableCards so you don't necessarily need a Verizon set-top box, but CableCards are not compatible with On-Demand services. If you have an HDTV and want HD channels, you'll need a Series 3 or TiVo HD box.
JohnB

@vinnie wrote:

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Dont' care about HD yet cause I dont' have an HD TV. My main thing is I dont' want 2 stb's.

0 Likes