Fios boxes keep resetting
Karen7980
Yesterday I had my main box upgraded to a DVR box and had an additional STB installed in my basement. Everything was working great when the tech left- he did an excellent job on the install and explaining the new guide and showing me how the new box worked and the features on it. BUT later that afternoon both boxes started just shutting off and then restarting spontaneously. I thought maybe it was a fluke or the system updating but now 24 hours later the boxes continue to do this every 30-40 minutes...while we are trying to watch shows. Help please!! How can I fix this? It's driving us all nuts!! We have had Fios for a couple of years and love it. Help me keep loving it...I just want my boxes to work right.
0 Likes
Re: Fios boxes keep resetting
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If the box over heats, it will shut off as a protection mechanism. Please make sure nothing is sitting directly ontop of the box blocking the vent holes. If this does not fix your problem, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Locke2

I have the same probelm. Just noticed it a few days ago. I have a STB in a bedroom. It shuts itself off every day for no reason. Nothing on top of it. Its been working fine in the same location for 3 years. Guess I'll call support. I tried the online troubleshooter but can't get the reset button to work in IE or Firefox.

0 Likes
AliDrew

We are having the same issue, and it's getting worse. We've had this box for years, nothing has changed. It seems to have started when the new interface for the guide showed up.

The box just shuts down every now and then. Sometimes several times in an hour, sometimes we get an hour or two before it shuts down.

It's really annoying, it's the first issue we've had with FIOS and we've had FIOS since 2006

0 Likes
ILikeFIOS
Contributor - Level 1

I had this issue... It turned out to be a bad ONT.  The weakened signal seems to affect the boxes.  Here are some symptoms:

- Pixelation on certain channels

- When box reboots, get the "Starting up...  One moment please." message for hours.

- Go to self-diagnostics and check signal strenghth (Menu | Customer Support | Self Diagnostic | Start).  OOB S/N should be between 23db and 27db

If any of this is happening, it could be bad splitters or a bad ONT.

0 Likes