Fios mobile app live streaming
MG571
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm curious if anyone is able to use the live streaming portion of the app without frequent buffering, unsyncing of audio and video and freezing. If so, what device/equipment are you using? Verizon tech support has been unhelpful.
0 Likes
Re: Fios mobile app live streaming
PJL
Master - Level 3

@MG57 wrote:
I'm curious if anyone is able to use the live streaming portion of the app without frequent buffering, unsyncing of audio and video and freezing. If so, what device/equipment are you using? Verizon tech support has been unhelpful.

I use the app on an Android tablet (a Nook HD+ running Cyangenmod or the native Nook operating system -- both work with the app) and the streaming quality is flawless.  This was not the case a year or so ago when the app was introduced, but it has improved greatly since then.

0 Likes
MG571
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks. I wish I could figure out how to get it to work.
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Running

iPad 2

iOs 7.0.4

FiOS Moile App.  Ver.    2.0.7720

As of 1/8/2014

No problem with live streaming just checked a bunch of channels

PLEASE NOTE MY LOCATION

0 Likes
MG571
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks for the response. I'm trying to figure out if the problem is the app, the OS (android 4.x), or the network. Seems like the network.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Early last summer I saw similar issue with the older version of the app, and I discovered that a neighbor's WiFi network was using the same channel as mine.  (I used an app that shows channels in use and their strengths.)  This apparently was messing up the delivered bandwidth.  When I changed the router to a non-used channel, the issue went away.  You might try this solution.  This may or may not be the problem.

If you're on Android, the all in Goolge Play is called "WiFi Analyzer" and it's free.  I would thing there's an equivalent if you're on IOS.  My the way, Apple's WiFi has been known to be sensitive to issues like this.  (This isn't a criticism, just a statement of what I've read in other forums."

0 Likes
MG571
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok I will try that. We have a lot of wifi traffic around here in the evening.

0 Likes