Fios mobile app won't load on demand programming
sjm182
I am on iPad 2 with the latest updates, so that shouldn't be a problem. I am able to watch live tv, but when I try to stream an on demand show, I can click the episode I want and it says "preparing to stream" then switches to the viewing screen where it says "loading" then switches off and back to the main screen within ten seconds. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: Fios mobile app won't load on demand programming
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have it in your " My Library" ?
0 Likes
sjm1822222

I don't - not sure how that would work. I bookmarked it tried accessing it that way, also through just a general on-demand search. In fact, I tried a number of different shows. None of the on-demand programs worked, but I could quickly stream any live tv. Again, it will say "preparing to stream" when I click "watch here" and then go to the viewing screen and say "loading" then switch off. There is some issue with loading the on-demand shows, but no message or indication of what that issue may be.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can You “see” all of this ?

Watch Now

On Demand

Movies

Why Don’t I see a Buy or Rent Button ?

You need to have previously rented or purchased this video from your

FIOS TV STB, My Verizon website or other FIOS TV access point.

0 Likes
sjm1822222

Thanks. I did try to rent it - it is in my library on my stb, but won't show in my library on Fios Mobile (I thought it was because it was just a rental and not purchase). None of my rentals from my library show in the library on my mobile app. As a result, I don't have a "Why Don’t I see a Buy or Rent" Button. Just a "watch here" option. 

So, how do I "download" it to the mobile app? Also, it seems odd that I can't use the "watch here" button with on-demand, isn't that kind of the point of having the mobile app? What you are saying means that before I leave the house I have to rent everything I want to possibly watch in future on my stb first in order to access it on the app?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

GO TO

My FiOS Mobile

Help ?

Troubleshooting

On Demand

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS VERY EXTENSIVE INFO :

LET EVERYONE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT PARTS OF THIS SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM.

0 Likes
sjm1822222

I actually just realized that there was an update waiting. Once I updated it and went back to watch the show, it did the same thing only I got a "content Management" notice stating the following error code: APPSERVER_RETURN_EMPTY

0 Likes
sjm1822222

Ok, thanks, I guess. I read that before and read it again now... no parts solved my problem. I do see that it says you have to rent or buy and then watch. My issue is that I did select the FREE on-demand program from my STB. I then stopped it. Checked on my STB and it is in my library as "rented" along with 2 other titles. It has not, 7 hours later, shown up in my library on my Fios Mobile. So, I am back where I started. I can't select an on-demand free program to watch or I get the error code, and I can't select a "rented" show from my library because it doesn't exist. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nope...sorry
Maybe someone else will have a Solution
0 Likes
Niseypiece
Having same issue here...I watched a free episode of a show on demand off my stb, and went into the app to test out the same episode. Instead of being able to watch it says "this episode must be rented or purchased from your stb" **bleep**? So far I've only had success watching movies from my premium channels on demand...attempting to watch episodes on demand of even basic abc shows has been fruitless. Get with the program fios!
0 Likes