Fios one and existing boxes
asonnick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there I have a VMS and 3 additional boxes.

i want to upgrade to premium, and get the Fios one VMS and the new STB. 

I was told that I’d have to replace my existing vms and all boxes as well.  Is that true? I’d rather not lose all recordings that I have. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios one and existing boxes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ajsonnick wrote:

I was told that I’d have to replace my existing vms and all boxes as well.  Is that true? I’d rather not lose all recordings that I have. 

If you have the older VMS1100 and want the VMS4100 TV One boxes then yes you need to change all the equipment. 

View solution in original post

CLASystems

I needed NOT to upgrade the server chassis because the associated set is not 4K [it's a smaller TV in the kitchen and 4K sets are too big!  The best I could do was an OK Samsung 24" 720P set for a song; not a money issue, just small room!]

They said as a result I have to have the mini box on the big Samsung 4K set of course, which is what I wanted, but you must have ONLY one server, and it has to be wired and they all have to be the TV one boxes, all consistently either way.

So, it appears you are **bleep**, sorry!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ajsonnick wrote:

If you have the older VMS1100 and want the VMS4100 TV One boxes then yes you need to change all the equipment.