Fios one and gigabit with own router
Drew231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I purchased my own router to replace the new G3100 router. I also purchased a moca adapter. I think I have everything set up correctly since tv and internet is working, except my on demand freezes every 30sec. I’ve tried restarting everything, check cables. Goes away when the G3100 router is reinstalled.  Goal is to return the G3100 to save the rental fee. Any help is appreciated since I have a week left to return the Netgear router and moca adapter.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios one and gigabit with own router
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew23 wrote:

What would be the process to use the quantum router for coax and a nighthawk router for lan/WiFi?

Check this thread, or search for using your own router +G1100:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Using-a-combination-of-my-own-netgear-nighthawk-router-M...

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew23 wrote:

Hello,

I purchased my own router to replace the new G3100 router. I also purchased a moca adapter. I think I have everything set up correctly since tv and internet is working, except my on demand freezes every 30sec. I’ve tried restarting everything, check cables. Goes away when the G3100 router is reinstalled.  Goal is to return the G3100 to save the rental fee. Any help is appreciated since I have a week left to return the Netgear router and moca adapter.

Problem with returning the 3100 is you can't get any updates, or initialize new boxes without a Verizon router somewhere in the chain. Can you get the older Fios Quantum router cheaper somewhere? That would work for you.

Drew231
Enthusiast - Level 2

so use the quantum router as a moca adapter to handle the coax? 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew23 wrote:

so use the quantum router as a moca adapter to handle the coax? 

Yes, the Quantum router still works with the fios one boxes. This one, if you can get one:

Drew231
Enthusiast - Level 2

What would be the process to use the quantum router for coax and a nighthawk router for lan/WiFi?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Drew23 wrote:

Check this thread, or search for using your own router +G1100:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Using-a-combination-of-my-own-netgear-nighthawk-router-M...

Drew231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good looking out.. I’ll give this a try and hopefully solves my VOD freezing issue