Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.
ss201
Enthusiast - Level 2

When watching live sports, I'm usually using pause, rewind, slow-motion, play.
Every time I press one of these buttons on the remote, the screen shows the Info Bar.
Please give us an option to NOT SHOW ANYTHING when I press one of these buttons.

For example, when watching NFL, I replay almost every play, usually with slow-mo and freeze frame.
The stupid Info Bar is constantly on the screen and I can't see the TV.
I have guests over to watch a game and it drives everyone crazy.

0 Likes
Re: Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ss20 wrote:

When watching live sports, I'm usually using pause, rewind, slow-motion, play.
Every time I press one of these buttons on the remote, the screen shows the Info Bar.
Please give us an option to NOT SHOW ANYTHING when I press one of these buttons.

For example, when watching NFL, I replay almost every play, usually with slow-mo and freeze frame.
The stupid Info Bar is constantly on the screen and I can't see the TV.
I have guests over to watch a game and it drives everyone crazy.

Try:menu>guide>settings>info bar time out, set it to 0 or 2.

0 Likes
Re: Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.
ss201
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Setting the Info Bar timeout to zero seconds does not fix the problem. I already have it set to zero seconds. Setting it to zero makes the Info Bar not show when changing channels but has no affect on the pause button. When I press pause, the Info Bar stays on for 8 seconds and it does not show at all when changing channels. Can someone help me with this?
0 Likes