Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.

ss20
Contributor
Contributor

Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.

Message 1 of 3
(259 Views)

When watching live sports, I'm usually using pause, rewind, slow-motion, play.
Every time I press one of these buttons on the remote, the screen shows the Info Bar.
Please give us an option to NOT SHOW ANYTHING when I press one of these buttons.

For example, when watching NFL, I replay almost every play, usually with slow-mo and freeze frame.
The stupid Info Bar is constantly on the screen and I can't see the TV.
I have guests over to watch a game and it drives everyone crazy.

2 REPLIES 2
clem53
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.

Message 2 of 3
(241 Views)

@ss20 wrote:

When watching live sports, I'm usually using pause, rewind, slow-motion, play.
Every time I press one of these buttons on the remote, the screen shows the Info Bar.
Please give us an option to NOT SHOW ANYTHING when I press one of these buttons.

For example, when watching NFL, I replay almost every play, usually with slow-mo and freeze frame.
The stupid Info Bar is constantly on the screen and I can't see the TV.
I have guests over to watch a game and it drives everyone crazy.

Try:menu>guide>settings>info bar time out, set it to 0 or 2.

ss20
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fios remote - Need an option to NOT display info bar when pressing pause, play, rewind.

Message 3 of 3
(165 Views)
Spoiler
Setting the Info Bar timeout to zero seconds does not fix the problem. I already have it set to zero seconds. Setting it to zero makes the Info Bar not show when changing channels but has no affect on the pause button. When I press pause, the Info Bar stays on for 8 seconds and it does not show at all when changing channels. Can someone help me with this?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.