Fios remote and Vizio VHT510
ramidius722

I recently purchased a Vizio VHT510 soundbar and I can not get it programmed to my Fios remote. All the codes I have tried have not worked (none listed with fios audio, the vizios under fios tv, and the vizio codes in manual).

I am not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
Re: Fios remote and Vizio VHT510
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

I am sorry that you are having trouble programming your sound bar with our remote control.  What you can try to do is a code search on the remote.  You can do this by pressing the TV + OK or AUX + OK at the same time, release both buttons.  The code you want to type in is 9-2-2.  After typing in that code press the play button right below the DVR button one time, and then hit the fast forward button on the remote.  (The button to the right of the Play button)  Each time you hit the fast forward button it sends a new code to the device. You should see the TV or AUX button light up each time you hit the fast forward button.  Continue to hit the fast forward button until the device powers on or off once your device does that hit OK to store the code.  There are about 300 codes, if you see the TV or AUX button blink twice at the top it has reached the end and unfortunately there may be no code for your particular device.

Also depending on which list of codes you have, 1292 may not be listed.  I know for every Vizio TV I have had to help program this code has worked but unsure about the sound bar but try it out.

I hope this helps out!

--James

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like you have the Philips RC 1445302 Remote (four button universal)

Vizio 0891, 0912, 1783 0205, 1992
Also can use 0057, or 1292

It's important to note that these are for vizio TV's usually and for use with the four button remote from Verizon.

the TWO button remote shown below will only control TV's and the Vizio Sound bar is a home theatre hook up audio device, so that would normally get programmed on ONLY the four button remote, under aux.

With the sound bar turned on, The 9-2-2 code would be the way to go but you would do AUX + TV (two seconds) then enter code 9-2-2 and then hit play one time and then the fast forward button repeatedly until the soundbar turns OFF    then stop, and then try to test it by hitting power and seeing if it turns on, hitting volume to control the volume.

Just keep in mind that the Verizon remotes are garunteed to work the STB's but not all TV's or third party equipment.   If it doesn't work you may need to think about using multiple remotes, or buying a different universal remote that controls motorola cable boxes.

Verizon P265 Remote
Verizon P265 Remote Control

Instructions and Help for the Verizon P265 Remote

User GuidePDF icon

Set up your Remote

Find remote codes

No remote code listed for my TV

Existing remote code for my TV doesn't work

Troubleshooting your Remote

Need more guided help?  [Guide Me] 

Philips RC 1445302 Remote

Figure depicting the Philips RC1445302 Remote Control

Instructions and Help for the Philips RC 1445302 Remote

User GuidePDF icon

Remote Control at a Glance PDF icon

Set up your Remote

Find remote codes

No remote code listed for my device

Existing remote codes don't work

Set up your remote to turn on/off multiple devices

Troubleshooting your Remote

Need more guided help?  [Guide Me] 

Video Help

Basic FunctionsWatch tutorial

Buttons & FeaturesWatch tutorial

Set up (with Guide)Watch tutorial

Set up (without Guide) Watch tutorial

Note: These videos show Philips model RC1445301

ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Codes 1292 and 3145 both work with the FiOS remote and my new Vizio TV.

0 Likes
boatguypat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does the remote work with functions like Input select? Menu and arrow keys to move around the menu? Or just the volume, power, and mute....

0 Likes
arredondosha

did you ever get your sound bar to work i have same model and haveing issues

0 Likes
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Insignia soundbar what I did was connect the soundbar audio directly to the Verizon STB audio out and changed the remote to control the STB volume instead of the TV. Then I plugged the soundbar into the switched outlet on the back of the verizon STB.

In the menu of the STB changed it to turn off secondary outlet when STB is turned off.

On the soundbar turn it on and set the volume up high.

The Insignia stays turned on; when the power is removed on the STB outlet the sounbar turns off. When the STB outlet is turned on the soundbar goes back to on state. This controls turning soundbar on and off and the STB controls the volume of the soundbar now.

Not the preferred way but works. Might work with the Vizio.

0 Likes