Fios remote forgetting key programming

Fios remote forgetting key programming

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor shrevejb
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(554 Views)

I have my Fios remote (p265v5) programmed to turn on my LG tv and control my Samsung soundbar.  I used the key programming technique to get the vol+/vol-/mute working and everthing works perfectly for several hours.  The problem is the next morning the vol+/vol-/mute keys no longer work.  The remote seems to forget its custom programming.  It has done this several times and I don't know why it won't remember the custom key programming.  I have tried programmign the other remotes in the house but they don't work well.  When they program holding the vol key only moves the volume by 1 and won't keep moving.  The remotes all appear to be identical.

1 REPLY
Contributor shrevejb
Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(429 Views)

So on a hunch based on another thread that mentioned older remotes had better compatability with some products I bought a P265 V3 remote off Ebay for $5.  I programmed it using the key technique to make the power turn on/off the TV and the volume/mute work with the soundbar and have had no problems for a week.  None of the V5 remotes will work or stay programed but the V3 works perfectly.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios TV App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios