Fios signal issue or something else?
goldelpack1

Over the winter I had this exact problem and after several reboots of the STB it seemed to resolve itself.  Two days ago (almost 6 months later) it re-appeared, 

The specific channel doesn't matter - though it was always on HD channels as far as I know - since thats what I usually tune in to. Suddenly, the signal seems to shut off completely and I get a black screen. (I have seen the TWITTER notice on the upper right of the screen while it's black) - and if I simply change the channel with the remote - up or down, the picture returns.  This continues to happen - at no specific interval and with no regularity until I reboot the STB.  Earlier today I called FIOS and the tech rebooted or reset everything remotely.  When I reattached things I had the nicest, clearest picture.  I realized that I didn't even notice I wasn't seeing a true HD picture for some time.  Then as I continued watching the same channel (CNN - don't judge me :}) it began looking more and more red tinted and not HD..  So I went online and reset it through the website and again when it came back on - perfect picture.

I walked the wiring outside my house - it is a convoluted trip from the front to the far back side, but all wires appear un-corroded and not in touch with anything.  Is is possible I just have to keep re-initializing because of a STB issue?  

Any suggestions?  I'm reluctant to lose the recordings on the DVR = motorola. 

0 Likes