Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Fios signal issue or something else?

goldelpack
Contributor
Contributor

Fios signal issue or something else?

Message 1 of 1
(511 Views)

Over the winter I had this exact problem and after several reboots of the STB it seemed to resolve itself.  Two days ago (almost 6 months later) it re-appeared, 

The specific channel doesn't matter - though it was always on HD channels as far as I know - since thats what I usually tune in to. Suddenly, the signal seems to shut off completely and I get a black screen. (I have seen the TWITTER notice on the upper right of the screen while it's black) - and if I simply change the channel with the remote - up or down, the picture returns.  This continues to happen - at no specific interval and with no regularity until I reboot the STB.  Earlier today I called FIOS and the tech rebooted or reset everything remotely.  When I reattached things I had the nicest, clearest picture.  I realized that I didn't even notice I wasn't seeing a true HD picture for some time.  Then as I continued watching the same channel (CNN - don't judge me :}) it began looking more and more red tinted and not HD..  So I went online and reset it through the website and again when it came back on - perfect picture.

I walked the wiring outside my house - it is a convoluted trip from the front to the far back side, but all wires appear un-corroded and not in touch with anything.  Is is possible I just have to keep re-initializing because of a STB issue?  

Any suggestions?  I'm reluctant to lose the recordings on the DVR = motorola. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title