Fios tv app for android tablets
Gysss
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anyone know the correct name of app (not my fiostv) in order to watch live tv or programs recorded on dvr on android tablet? Customer svc claims n/a yet verizon wireless in store reps claim there is one but they don't know the name & I don't ser it on google play
0 Likes
Re: Fios tv app for android tablets
PJL
Master - Level 3

There is no FiOS streaming app for Android yet. The store rep was flat out wrong. A recent FiOS TV Twitter responce indicated "all in good time" when asked when the Android streaming app would  be released. (Now isn't that an informative reply?)

It would at least help if the existing Android apps worked -- the FiOS remote app crashes with Android Jelly Bean. It worked great with Gingerbread.  Sigh...

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Gysss wrote:
Anyone know the correct name of app (not my fiostv) in order to watch live tv or programs recorded on dvr on android tablet? Customer svc claims n/a yet verizon wireless in store reps claim there is one but they don't know the name & I don't ser it on google play

Hello,

At this time, you can stream about 75 live TV channels only from the iPad, Xbox 360, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV.

On an Android device using the FiOS mobile app(s), one can access voicemail, schedule DVR recordings, use your phone as a remote, access your FiOS account, buy/rent/watch/bookmark On Demand movies/shows, share photos/music/videos from your library, and access Verizon Home Monitoring Control devices.

Sources:

https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/myapps/unprotected/apps.aspx?myvzmd=mobile_apps&myvztab=2

http://www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/features#connect

Recorded shows (on a DVR) can only be viewed on the FiOS TV presently.  

If you have a Multi-Room DVR, you can watch/schedule recorded shows onthe DVR(s) from other set top boxes at the home (except for the digital adapter).

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

Also, for additional details on live streaming and connecting other devices, go to:

verizon.com/streamingsupport

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

@22Becca22 wrote:

@Gysss wrote:

Hello,

At this time, you can stream about 75 live TV channels only from the iPad, Xbox 360, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV.

On an Android device using the FiOS mobile app(s), one can access voicemail, schedule DVR recordings, use your phone as a remote, access your FiOS account, buy/rent/watch/bookmark On Demand movies/shows, share photos/music/videos from your library, and access Verizon Home Monitoring Control devices.

Sources:

https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/myapps/unprotected/apps.aspx?myvzmd=mobile_apps&myvztab=2

http://www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/features#connect

Recorded shows (on a DVR) can only be viewed on the FiOS TV presently.  

If you have a Multi-Room DVR, you can watch/schedule recorded shows onthe DVR(s) from other set top boxes at the home (except for the digital adapter).

Hope this helps!

On my Nexus 7, fully updated, I am continually presented with a "bad credentials" error box whenever I try to use the FiOS app. Or, it crashes.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ronzie wrote:

On my Nexus 7, fully updated, I am continually presented with a "bad credentials" error box whenever I try to use the FiOS app. Or, it crashes.

There is another thread that specifically addressed this problem on Jelly Bean (Android 4.x) devices, and it has some good information in it.  See "FiOS Mobile Remote for Android."  This thread was about whether or not there was an Android app for watching the 75 channels of streaming video, like the one now available on the iPad.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@PJL wrote:

@ronzie wrote:

There is another thread that specifically addressed this problem on Jelly Bean (Android 4.x) devices, and it has some good information in it.  See "FiOS Mobile Remote for Android."  This thread was about whether or not there was an Android app for watching the 75 channels of streaming video, like the one now available on the iPad.

Also mentioned on this thread:  

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/FiOS-Mobile-Remote-for-Android/td-p/501713

Hello,

Confirmed...

It definitely looks like there is something faulty with the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app for the Google Nexus.

The 'My FiOS' app works fine, but as soon as you go to the 'My TV & DVR' and try the 'Browse TV Listings', 'Manage my DVR' 'Control my TV' it would take you to the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app, which is a separate app altogether, and then after installing this app and signing in, and then clicking on 'TV Listings', 'DVR', 'On Demand' or 'What's Hot', the message about the login credentials occur.  

If you click on 'Remote' it would go through the pairing process with your STB.

Additionally, it is during the pairing process (which requires going to the regular FIOS TV Remote and navigating to the Menu, Widgets, and the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' widget to register a device and obtain an authorization code,

and the code is accepted and the STB is found; the device subsequently shows up on the TV screen and on the Android Device) when one gets the 'Unfortunately, FiOS Mobile Remote has stopped' message.

Unistalling and reinstalling the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app does not resolve the issue, nor does unistalling and reinstalling the 'My FiOS' app.

This has to be reported to Verizon so that a fix could be made.

merzydoats
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is incredibly annoying that Verizon would come out with a stinking iPad app when there are more Android users on the planet than iPad/iPhone users! Incredibly ANNOYING! I pay a ridiculous for FIOS/phone/wireless. Why aren't I worth as much as an Apple user to this company? If the competition's customer support wasn't so incredibly horrible, they would have a chance to replace FIOS in my house.

Joerees
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Merzydoats: "It is incredibly annoying that Verizon would come out with a stinking iPad app when there are more Android users on the planet than iPad/iPhone users! Incredibly ANNOYING! I pay a ridiculous for FIOS/phone/wireless. Why aren't I worth as much as an Apple user to this company? If the competition's customer support wasn't so incredibly horrible, they would have a chance to replace FIOS in my house."

Wholeheartedly agree! (it won't let me give you a thumbs up on your post)

Apple caters to the drones of the world, who will follow wherever the hype goes. Android is not only a superior OS to iOS, but it is also growing faster.
The Verizon rep said "...in good time"? Newsflash, Verizon: "good time" is long overdue!

ChrisJust
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, there are over 3 to 1 android to iPhone users, yet there is no android love for live tv streaming.  I spend a lot of time on the treadmill watching Netflix on my Android tablet, I was really excited by the idea of getting to watch fios tv too.  Now  I'm in the process of researching a switch to Dish now that they incorperate the Slingbox for free.