As above the tv will not turn off 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios tv won’t turn off
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are trying to turn off TV by turning off Fios box, or trying to turn off box by turning off TV you need to have CEC, or device control enabled on BOTH devices, and they need to be hooked up with HDMI cable. I believe it is listed as TV input control in the Fios menu under TV settings.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are trying to turn off TV by turning off Fios box, or trying to turn off box by turning off TV you need to have CEC, or device control enabled on BOTH devices, and they need to be hooked up with HDMI cable. I believe it is listed as TV input control in the Fios menu under TV settings.

hunttr

Same Question.When I use "stb" button to turn on STB the tv will also turn on.Great! But I can't get the tv to turn OFF by JUST pressing the "stb" button? Any Help, thanks

0 Likes
hunttr

More info, I have a VZ P265v5 RC remote and ARISS VMS 1100 box. Thanks again for any help

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are using CEC to turn TV on when STB comes on.

I'm not sure if CEC will turn a device off.

BTW, why bother turning off VMS?

It doesn't save any electricity.

Just turn off TV.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

D

@CRobGauth wrote:

You are using CEC to turn TV on when STB comes on.

I'm not sure if CEC will turn a device off.

BTW, why bother turning off VMS?

It doesn't save any electricity.

Just turn off TV.

CEC will definitely turn devices both on and off. I use it to turn my receiver on and off by turning my TV on and off. I leave Fios box on because as you say it uses so little power it's not worth worrying about.