FiosOne Client Shuts Off and Reboots All Minis As Well
GnRGrem

I have been having this issue for a review weeks now. Someone will be watching television in the family room where the FiOs Client (main box) is being used. This box run two FiOs Minis as well (one in the master and one in the basement)

Every time the person watching television in the family room turns the tv off it shuts off the main box and thus disconnects every mini as well. It’s happens every time. Verizon support sent me a new box that I installed, but the problem has continued.

How can I fix this? It’s driving me nuts

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiosOne Client Shuts Off and Reboots All Minis As Well
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GnRGrem wrote:

I have the box plugged directly into the wall outlet. I switched over to a power strip and in both instances when I turn the tv off the entire box shuts down and thus turns the minis off. I tried moving the box, rebooting it in several different ways, and I even asked for a new box. The problem is still persisting. But I will say after an online chat with a Verizon rep it hasn’t occurred since. But it’s only been 35 hours and I expect this to continue. Any advice?

You could also try: menu>settings>audio and video>video settings>video input control and set it to off.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GnRGrem wrote:

I have been having this issue for a review weeks now. Someone will be watching television in the family room where the FiOs Client (main box) is being used. This box run two FiOs Minis as well (one in the master and one in the basement)

Every time the person watching television in the family room turns the tv off it shuts off the main box and thus disconnects every mini as well. It’s happens every time. Verizon support sent me a new box that I installed, but the problem has continued.

How can I fix this? It’s driving me nuts

That should NOT happen. Even when you turn off the VMS, it stays powered on, only shuts its display off. Is there any kind of smart power strip or outlet it is plugged into? Any chance it is somehow being disconnected from power? Can you plug it into another outlet? Try using the power button on the Fios box to turn off the Fios box without turning off the TV. You should see a screensaver on the TV and the minis should stay on. You could also try: menu>settings>audio and video>video settings>video input control and set it to off.

GnRGrem

I have the box plugged directly into the wall outlet. I switched over to a power strip and in both instances when I turn the tv off the entire box shuts down and thus turns the minis off. I tried moving the box, rebooting it in several different ways, and I even asked for a new box. The problem is still persisting. But I will say after an online chat with a Verizon rep it hasn’t occurred since. But it’s only been 35 hours and I expect this to continue. Any advice?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GnRGrem wrote:

You could also try: menu>settings>audio and video>video settings>video input control and set it to off.