FiosOne upgrade = Transferring recorded content from old DVR
pcva1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just placed an order to upgrade to the new FiosOne equipment. I was told when placing the order that I would be able to transfer recorded content from the old DVR to the new one and to call technical support for instructions. After contacting technical support, I was informed that there is no way (currently) to transfer the content from one DVR to another.

Verizon should have thought about this and created a solution for customers to transfer recorded content from one Verizon DVR to another before releasing the new FiosOne devices. Most customers, particularly ones with two DVRs, have hundreds of hours of recorded content that they should be able to save (transfer, not lose).  A lot of the recorded content cannot be re-scheduled and/or re-recorded. Not every TV show or movie is available as a re-run or via on-demand.

Telling customers that they will lose all of their recorded content when they swap the equipment is just not acceptable in this digital age. Verizon should offer a solution to customers upgrading to the new FiosOne equipment, for example:

1. Offer a solution for customers to upload recorded content from their old DVR to the Verizon cloud, then download from the Verizon cloud to the new DVR, even if only a one time solution for an equipment upgrade. Only being able to upload and save recording schedules to the cloud is not good enough.
  2. Offer a solution for customers to connect the old Verizon DVR to the new Fios One DVR via ethernet, COAX or USB and transfer recorded content.

Again, expecting customers to just lose all of the recorded content (hundreds of hours), simply because they are upgrading to the newest equipment is unacceptable.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiosOne upgrade = Transferring recorded content from old DVR
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KellyQ68 wrote:

They told me up front I would lose my recordings, so I am prepared for that sacrifice.  However, does anyone know if the recording schedule remains, or is that lost too?  I really hate the amount of time it will take me to set up all those scheduled recordings again...

Before you install your new DVR go to 

DVR > Configure & Upgrade > Export Series to Cloud on your current DVR. Then when activating you new TV One DVR it will ask you to import settings and you can pick the old DVR's name. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has said that the DVR is not designed for long term storage.

If the box has a hardware failure, you lose all of the recordings as well.

KellyQ68

They told me up front I would lose my recordings, so I am prepared for that sacrifice.  However, does anyone know if the recording schedule remains, or is that lost too?  I really hate the amount of time it will take me to set up all those scheduled recordings again...

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KellyQ68 wrote:

Before you install your new DVR go to 

DVR > Configure & Upgrade > Export Series to Cloud on your current DVR. Then when activating you new TV One DVR it will ask you to import settings and you can pick the old DVR's name. 

BobTheTechGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded the equipment  on 7/28/19 (from vms1100 to TV One - vms4100).  I was PLEASANTLY surprised that the recording schedule DOES transfer over with two caveats:  1.  you have to be patient - it takes about 15 to 30 minutes after activating    2.  it appears that you MUST select the same "Room name" for the new box that you used for the old box.

Zak31

This is only to transfer recoding schedule, right? Can you transfer the actual recordings? Can you connect both DVRs and transfer from old to new?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes