Fix your slow, poorly designed DVRs!
FedUpPA

Yes, I've reset my router and set top boxes numerous times and in various sequences. I've also called support on multiple occasions. I do NOT live in a rural community or in an apartment complex. 

Verizon needs to step up and fix their DVR boxes. This is EXACTLY why people are so willing to cut the cable cord!

• OnDemand is stupid slow waiting for the annoying thumbnails to load. Give us the option to turn them OFF!
  • ALL OnDemand functions have WAY too much lag. Waiting 5-10 seconds for ANYTHING to happen after a button press is ridiculous!
  • Allow me to easily find and then resume watching an OnDemand program that I've already started watching!
  • DVR periodically skips recording programs with no rhyme or reason as to why! FIX IT!
  • When I set my Guide to show ONLY "Subscribed" channels I mean it! Stop defaulting to ALL channels!
  • Onscreen Caller ID "feature" works for about a week then stops working. FIX IT!
  • Let ME set the amount of time to skip forward/backwards on the remote. (using numbers on remote or onscreen keyboard).
  • Keep track of programs (first runs AND repeats) in a series that I've watched and allow me to set the box to NOT record those again.
  • Ability to set DVR to record series reruns but NOT to record 5 instances of the same episode!
0 Likes
Re: Fix your slow, poorly designed DVRs!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

If it is quantum, issue affecting scheduled re or dings has a fix that is currently fielding.

Skip/rewind time is configurable from a list of options. Look under DVR settings.

Imagine how much data DVR would need to keep to remember all of the shows you have ever recorded. How long should they remember what shows you watched? Does any DVR remember everything you have watched and never record again?

You can set DVR to record new and reruns without recording 5 copies. Just set series to have duplicates set to no. Will only have one copy of an episode of a show on DVR  at a time. But as you have said, will record an episode you have already watched once deleted.

0 Likes
FedUpPA

What model DVR do you have?
Arris

Skip/rewind time is configurable from a list of options. Look under DVR settings. 
Only 3 options: 10, 30 or 60 seconds. 

Imagine how much data DVR would need to keep to remember all of the shows you have ever recorded. How long should they remember what shows you watched? Does any DVR remember everything you have watched and never record again?
Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Acorn know when I've watched something or not. Even if I watched it years ago on DVD in the case of Netflix. Besides, it just needs to store the minimum amount of data and not the program. This sort of storage is minuscule. 

You can set DVR to record new and reruns without recording 5 copies. Just set series to have duplicates set to no.

Does not work. Still records duplicates. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My box also has 5 minutes. What other options do you want? I don't think streaming services even have a skip or rewind option.

Streaming services have a lot more storage for customer data as it is all online. DVRs store everything local.

Not sure why the duplicates option doesn't work. Works just fine for me. Does it happen to multiple series or just one?

0 Likes