Fixed EAS - now sound doesn't work
DBfromLionville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the "EAS" message on my display.  Unplugged the FIOS box.  Plugged it back in.  The system rebooted but now my sound is off.  All cables are plugged in that I can see.  The volume is set properly.  When I use my DVD the sound works.  But my FIOS TV has no sound.

Go figure?

Message Edited by DBfromLionville on 10-17-2008 03:16 AM
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fixed EAS - now sound doesn't work
DBfromLionville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  Technical support reset me a few times and that did the trick.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

DBfromlionville

Try to powercycle the box one more time. before you do that check the volume one more time in the box which is under menu settings then go to audio. with 1.6 it looks like there are 2 ways to control the Volume one through the box and the other through the TV Fixed is for the TV  and Variable is through the box. If its on fixed change it to Variable and vice versa. Once its on Varible you will check the volume on the stb volume setting and move the sound bar up and down. Also try to reseat the cables sometimes that helps as well.

0 Likes
DBfromLionville
Enthusiast - Level 2

that solution did not work.  thanks for the suggestion, but no go.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
My suggestion is to call in and have someone run some other signals to the box once you do that get your Ticket # and then put your Ticket in your post so that I can add this info to the current EAS stating the issue has not been resolved.
0 Likes
DBfromLionville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  Technical support reset me a few times and that did the trick.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

HURRAY

Good Deal I'm glad we were able to get ya going again

0 Likes