Re: Flashing DU1 code HDMI problem with QIP6416-2 STB
NJRocks

Figured it out.  Difficult to tell if it worked.  Definitely when I changed to DVI mode, I lost surround sound, picture was fine.  But then when I turned the cable and tv off and on the same handshaking issue occurred.  I don't think it saved the DVI setting because when I went back in, to the menu it was back to HDMI mode.  Any way to save the DVI setting?  Seems like I'm back to square one.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

let me try it on my box -   and see if I find that setting, I use component, so I have to move one of my hdmi's over. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

apparently dvi may loose audio when using it, which means you would need RCA cables for stereo, or one of the digital audio calbes for the surround sound.    I didn't realize that until right now, so I am sorry about that.  but when I Went into my settings, my dvi stayed there when I powered on and off the box,       so I'm not 100% sure.   

fyi though, my box flashes dvi when it first starts,   and then goes to the channel and picture. 

0 Likes
NJRocks

Thanks for all the posts.  My box flashes dvi when it first starts, but the only problem is that it lasts between 5 and 10 minutes each time the tv is turned off.  And it definitely started on March 9th after the upgrade to 17.1.1  I guess I'll have to try component video cables, but it's a huge pain since my t.v. is mounted to the wall and I cannot get behind it (plus I do not have the cables at this point).   Was working completely fine before March 9th.  I wish there was another way to fix this...

0 Likes