Flashing Moca Symbol on Cisco STB
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know what this means? I just got back to having Fios after moving to a place that didn’t have it available.

I have 2 STB one DVR and one basic Cisco HD box. After initial install both boxes had a solid moca light and everything worked great. After changing TVs in bedroom my tv didn’t have wireless internet so I added a moca Adapter into the bedroom to give it a wired connection and the moca light started blinking on bedroom STB.  Everything still works fine (on demand, guide and Fios tv app). Just annoying seeing it blink. I disconnected the moca Adapter because I thought maybe that was the problem but it’s still blinking. Very confused as to why. Livingroom STB stays solid. 

0 Likes
Re: Flashing Moca Symbol on Cisco STB
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you added a spiltter to connect adapter?

When you said you removed adapter, light was still blinking?

If so, did you also remove splitter? If not, try that to see if light goes solid.

If it does, you might have a levels issue with splitter installed.

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes good thought but I did remove the splitter when I disconnected the adapter and had the coax directly to STB. That STB does have 2 splitters though well actually 3 if I add the moca Adapter back. The main one that stays solid only has one. 

My current settup is as followed

1)coax from ONT to moca Adapter (Ethernet From router to Adapter for internet)

2) splitter from Adapter with one going to main STB other going to splitter for the bedrooms and now 1 more splitter in bedroom for other moca Adapter. 

Everything works fine right now just an annoying blinking lol. What do you mean by levels issue?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will blink if the stb moca rate is low. Has to be above 180. No sure why adding  that splitter in your configuration would drop it that low. Where did you get the splitter from?

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The splitter was new and came with the moca Adapters. I could purchase new splitters if you think that might help some. Wiring looks good and fairly new. STB is a bit slower loading up on demand than the main box but just figured it was just the STB. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be stb but with blinking moca there's definitely something wrong with moca rates. Maybe try swapping that bedroom stb to the living room to at least rule it out. Make sure there's no staples that may have punctured the coax. 

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

That may be more of a headache than needed lol. What’s strange is it was solid till I unplugged the moca and added another moca Adapter. Disconnected all of that and put it back to the way it was and still blinking. Rebooting the STB and router made no difference. Anyway for me to check the moca rate?   

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I replaced all the splitters and thought I had it because the light went solid but than found out I no longer had internet smh. Rebooted STB and had internet but light is blinking again lol.  

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is giving you alot of trouble lol. Sounds like still working though. Might be a little slow to load but as long as moca rates are not too low it will still work fine. 

0 Likes