Re: Flashing house icon on STB?
prisaz
Legend

@jcleek wrote:

What causes that icon to flash? How do I make it stop?

You probably can't make it stop flashing. Most link lights flash when there are network communications. Ethernet does, and I do not suspect MOCA to be any different. Now that is probably not a good light to have on the front of the box, if it is going to indicate communications constantly. I could see where that may be annoying if the light is bright and the box is close to your TV viewing.

I know some of the Motorola users with the newer hardware have complained about the display being too bright. One user placed a piece of tint film over the display. You know something like you would use on a window. If you are not worried about seeing the power indicator, a plain piece of tape may work.

0 Likes
jcleek

The light didn't flash until last week.

I got on Chat with Verizon and they tell me it is because maintenance is going on at the server end. Not sure I buy that but...

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jcleek wrote:

The light didn't flash until last week.

I got on Chat with Verizon and they tell me it is because maintenance is going on at the server end. Not sure I buy that but...

My guess is that maybe Verizon updated your Cisco boxes to the latest level of 1.9. I do not have any Cisco boxes so I don't know for sure, but my understanding is that originally the Cisco boxes got an "early" version of 1.9. Since the indicator just started flashing, maybe that indicates that you now have a more current verison of 1.9.

Have you noticed any other changes? Did you happen to look at the System Information before the indicator started flashing, and look at it now and see if there is any difference? Although I doubt it, there might be a setting somewhere in the Menu where you can turn that indicator off.

I think the server maintenance response is just bull. Why would maintenance on a Verizon server affect lights continuously flashing on your STB? No way in my opinion.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Was your multi room DVR working properly before? It could be now you have proper or more communications between boxes. I know 1.9 has added additional functionality with the MRDVR feature. I don't agree with the maintenance bull. But like I said I don't have Cisco, and perhaps it is a good thing I did not change. Cisco was rumored to be a better box. More memory etc.

0 Likes
jcleek

I didn't look at the system menu before. Right now they all show:

Release: 1.9

Build Number: 12.39

Data Object Version Number: 12.39

Platform ID: 0x0335a

0 Likes
doubleE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got FIOS with two CISCO STBs installed. Both had flashing house icons. The one in my bedroom was annoying at night. Just to see what happened I disconnected the coax from that box, as expected, since it is a MoCa detector it went out. When I reconnected the coax the light came on solid! I went down to my living room to repeat the experiment but it had already turned solid there. Whether it was because of what I did with the bedroom box, I'm not sure. Note the blinking indicator was at a steady rate, not flickering as you would see from data transmission. Perhaps the blinking means it detected some type of error and by reconnecting the coax it reset this. I can't find any further information in the manual.

0 Likes
Beats1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone ever figure out what this means? I just got back to having Fios after moving to a place that didn’t have it available.

I have 2 STB one DVR and one basic Cisco HD box. After initial install both boxes had a solid moca light and everything worked great. After changing TVs in bedroom my tv didn’t have wireless internet so I added a moca Adapter into the bedroom to give it a wired connection and the moca light started blinking. Everything still works fine (on demand, guide and Fios tv app). Just annoying seeing it blink. I disconnected the moca Adapter because I thought maybe that was the problem but it’s still blinking. Very confused as to why. Livingroom STB stays solid. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes