Flashing house icon on STB?
jcleek

Does anyone know how I can find out what the icons mean on my STBs? The "User Guide" on the Verizon site is an install guide, not a user guide. I can not find anything with these icons described. On my DVR and STBs I have a flashing house icon. What does it mean???

0 Likes
Re: Flashing house icon on STB?
prisaz
Legend

Do you have the Home Control feature enabled? That is the only thing I can think it might be. What type of STB hardware do you have?

0 Likes
jcleek

Cisco CHS 3355HDC

No home control.

0 Likes
jcleek

I have 3 of the Cisco STBs and a Cisco multi-room DVR. They are all flashing the house icon.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Flashing "house" icon.  WHERE.  On front display on some menu.

Is your STB otherwise working?

On the front display the MOCA icont sort of looks like a house.  Not sure when it shows up.  Flashing might mean the moca link is working, or not working.  I have all motorola boxes myself.

0 Likes
jcleek

It is a flashing light on the front panel. It is at the 5:00 position in relation to the power light, but if you put a dime on the display it would cover both the power and flashing house lights. It faslhes on for 1 second then off for 1 second.

Two shots: with and without flash. With the flash you can clearly see the house icon.

imageimage

0 Likes
jcleek

I forgot to mention, when the entire box is off, the house light flashes. It is mocking me.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

We cannot see your images yet. This forum does not automatically make available images posted by new users. I have requested that your images be approved so we can see them, hopefully some time soon.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jcleek wrote:

Cisco CHS 3355HDC

No home control.

I could not remember, but had seen it somewhere. It is the MOCA link light. Here is a link to the PDF manual if you are interested. Look on page 7.

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/4033272a_user_guide_chs_335hdc.pdf

Here is the support page with all the hardware.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Equipment+Issues/Top+Questions.htm

I have been trying to get Cisco hardware for a year, so I can better help customers. But have not had much luck getting them to change out my hardware. I have had Motorola since FiOS launched in my area, and Cisco has not been available. It is all Cisco or all Motorola, they can not be mixed.

PS.

Thanks for the pictures of your display. The manual and your display shows the native output on the box. Which I have been told by Verizon more than once, does not exist. I do have my Motorola QIP-7232 P2 set for native output, which is a feature that came with img 1.9. . I am sure it was a Motorola firmware change in conjuntion with the 1.9 img. It was heard that Cisco supported Native Output and some Motorola users were asking for it. Me as #1. My TiVO has it, and I added a 7232 and wanted it.

jcleek

What causes that icon to flash? How do I make it stop?

0 Likes