Flexview
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I'm a bit confused about how Flexview works.

About 20 minutes ago my kids rented Despicable Me from the STB.  It was listed as a flexview movie.  I assume from the long list of movies that Verizon offers only the movies listed in flexview are available as part of flexview.  Despicable Me is listed as flexviwe.  

So I decided to see how the flexview works while they are watching the movie and when I logon to the verizon site it says No purchases.

How do I watch a movie on my PC that we rented from the STB?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: Flexview
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I havent tried it myself yet but as I understand it (and I may be wrong)

Flexview is seperate from the actual VOD. The way it was described to me, when you rent a movie on VOD, the rental is good for all the STB's in the house. Flexview is actually a seperate order. The ones listed in the menu that say flexview only means that not only can you rent from the STB, you can also order it via the mobile device. But you have to pay another charge for the flexview.

Now I questioned this a couple of times because Verizon used to charge you a seperate charge for each box that wanted to rent a VOD. Then they changed it so that a rental was good for all STB's. Even though it looked like you had to order it again, you only paid once. I figured Flexview would be the same, Order it on the STB, watch on any STB or mobile device and only pay once. But they told me that flexview is different and you have to pay again for that. Now with all the wrong info floating about and the CS not being well informed. I'd take this with a grain of salt. but better safe than sorry.  Hopefully someone will have tried this so we can get accurate info.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I had VOD issues with my DVR and it would give me errors when ordering. If you order online, it forces you to have Media Manager on your PC, download the content to be viewable on three devices. TV, PC, and portable. Then it can be fiewed on all three. Not until I downloaded it after installing Media Manager, it would not get flaged as rented on the TV. All I wanted to do is watch VOD. So I will not be paying $5 a pop to beta test their buggy features. I was able to watch the movie 2 hours after ordering it and figuring out the whole mess. FSC tech said it should just work and could not explian it.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

All, I spoke to Tom, one of the VZ employee's who was asked to contact me about Flex View.  I'm posting this as a courtsey to anyone that may be interested in using Flexview or just wants to know how to get Flex view to work.  VZ has admitted the documentation posted online is not all that complete and is looking to update it.  Existing documentation and FAQ's are found here.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/Flex+View/128568.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_...

First things first, when renting a movie and you want the ability to watch it on a PC or Mobile device make sure you rent it under flex view.  Even though a movie is listed under the standard on-demand and Flex view you must rent it under flex view to watch it on multiple devices.  

To use Flex View one must run Media Manager, logon with your VZ credentials (upper right hand corner)  and Authorize the PC you want to watch the movie on found in MM under Tools, Manage Devices. 

Once you do that you will then choose store, then my purchases/rentals.  I hope this helps!!!!

Jim

0 Likes
tfarabaugh

Whenever I try to download a video to my PC from FlexView it says "this feature is not available in your area".  Any idea when it will be available in NJ?  I have no entry on the Tools menu (or anywhere else) to register my computer.  Could this the problem? 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I can't answer if/when it will be available or if something is wrong.

I can make sure you are doing things correctly.

1.  What version of Media Manager software do you have?  In Media manager choose Help, Check for Updates.

2.  Once you have the latest version of Media Manager then make sure you sign in located in the upper right hand corner.  When I opened Media Manager it did take a few seconds for it to logon and have additional options under tools.

3.  Once you have logged on to Media Manager then see if you have additional options under Tools.  If you don't logon the Tools menu will not be populated with Manage Devices.  Your logon credentials should be the same you use to manage your account.  For me its my verizon.net email and password.

Let me know what happens from here.

Jim

0 Likes
Flexview and free VOD shows
adkiser
I have FIOS triple pack, (phone, internet and TV). I can watch some VOD for free. When I try to watch the same show\movie on my laptop using Flexview, it says it is going to charge me 1.99 (SD) or 2.99 (HD). Is this correct? If so, is there any other way to watch the free programs\movies on my laptop?
0 Likes