Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Patrick82

Same Problem with a Samsung Tv.   My remote will control everything except

the tv volume and during the remote setup, the volume did change when prompted.

Only thought it that the remote is controlling the receiver that I programmed in

but that receiver is off.   How do I remove the receiver from the remote memory?

Thank you,

Pat

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to go innto the Fios voice remote menu and go to manual setup. Remove the current setup, put in your make and model of TV and the receiver should be out of the remotes programming.

Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did all that a NUMBER OF TIMES. Remote still does not work, does not change sound level, does not turn off TV. Have "8.1"

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The variable volume control in the Fios One box only applies to the analog audio out. It has no effect on the HDMI or optical out of the box. It should be "Fixed" for most people. If you are seeing a volume slider in the upper right of the screen that says fixed or variable, the remote is programmed for the Fios box to control volume, not your TV. The new remote sends infrared signals to all devices except the Fios box which is sent Bluetooth. You need line of sight for the remote to function for anything except the Fios box. It sounds like one of the latest firmware updates may have broken the volume function for some TVs. Please post your firmware version and TV make here so we can see what's going on. If trying the manual programming doesnt help, then please post make and firmware version.

@Ritter197 wrote:

Did all that a NUMBER OF TIMES. Remote still does not work, does not change sound level, does not turn off TV. Have "8.1"

WileyAR

I’m in the same situation myself. The TVs randomly prompted me to re-pair all of my remotes. Now the volume is controlled by the set top boxes on all of them instead of tv, which is extremely irritating and now caused me to have to use the manufacturers remote simply for volume. 

I have a Vizio E series, LG UJ6300 4K and a Roku 4K TV all having the same issues. 

firmware version: 7028.08.00 (BL 193)

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Need the firmware version for the Fios box ie: APR 6.80, etc.

Thanks

WileyAR

The above was the firmware listed in the main box. 

The APR appears to be the release. 

Release: APR-6.9

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WileyAR wrote:

The above was the firmware listed in the main box. 

The APR appears to be the release. 

Release: APR-6.9

Thanks for this. I'll try to run it past some techs and see what's up. No guarantees though.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is from Support:

Steps to reset programming is as below:
Steps: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup.
Do you wish to continue: Hit OK for Yes.
Wait until it says Remote Programming Reset Success.  

After the above is complete, 
Initiate Programming of TV first (Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto Program/Manual Program) followed by the programming of the Audio device

Also sharing some general guidelines below that should be kept in mind when programming the TV or the Audio device/Receiver
Key points to remember:

1. When the setup has a Receiver/Audio device b/w STB and TV and connected via HDMI, Make sure it is powered ON. Sometimes the Receiver/Audio device can be powered OFF and because of that, the remote might only be auto programmed to TV and not to the Receiver/Audio device

2. If you don't see Volume change during programming process (either Auto or Manual), Select the option: No - Let's try another code set for your TV.

Try this a few times until you see volume change or else enter the Model# manually

3. Make sure remote is pointed directly to the device (TV or Receiver/Audio device) when pressing "OK" to test Volume or Power.

Please note that only the OK key is used for both Volume and Power tests during the programming and using any other key during the setup might hamper the programming flows.

WileyAR

I’ve done this step about 25 times, even before posting in here. Doing those steps and not getting the desired results is what led me here to begin with. 

0 Likes